How do I get over him?

How do I forget 8 years of true love (atleast from my side)? I can't take this hurt anymore, my heart aches and head hurts. He is my first love, never looked at or thought about any other guy. Please help.

14

Most Helpful Guy

• Unti you realize the relationship is over and you deserve better you can't. Yes, it was 8 great years all relationships have ups and downs and take lots and lots of work.

You can see those as 8 great years that made you who you are and move on for the sake of your future. Or you can continue to put more years into this lesson. Keep moving forward and making healthy decisions that give you confidence and will attract the right relationship. Hang in there. Remember the good. Let go of the bad. Look forward. Don't dwell on what's over. You'll be better for it and help others too.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes you never get over someone, time just helps you to learn to live with the pain. They say time heals pain, but it isn't time which heals you... it's what you do with your time that enables you to move on from the pain.

This is a cliche, but the only way to deal with the hurt and move on, is to keep your mind on things other than him, and keep active and busy.

The pain will be so raw right now and even though your heart is broken... you still love him with all of the little pieces. Your mind can let go easier than your heart. So be patient with yourself. Cry a river , build a bridge , and get over it... by not spending too much on your own missing him and thinking about him.

At the moment you may feel you can't live without him, but your heart is stronger than you imagine. It can be cheated, burned and broken but yet , it still works and you will love again.

One day you will be able to think of the time you shared together ... and smile, instead of breaking down in tears. 💛 xx

What Guys Said 3

• *whistles* 8 years. yea, thats gonna take a severely long amount of time. but it will fade and one day you'll find someone even better. then this will all be a memory.

• It's a tough road ahead but you will bounce back. You can't see the end of tunnel yet because you are at the beginning but just keep moving on and you'll get out of it.

• It's really hard for the first time. It will take a while. There's no way to completely rid yourself of the pain for a while. I have found that meditation/prayer, exercise, a healthy diet, therapy (if necessary) and the support of really good friends is all helpful. Good luck!

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!