Am I emotionally abusing her?

She cheated on me & I tried to be friends with her. It didn't work because I just dont trust her & have lost respect for her.

I am 6 weeks into No contact, my thinking to help me move on & realise dont need her or this kind of person in my life.

However I heard that "isolating" a person is emotional abuse?

So if im isolating her by no contact am I emotionally abusing her?

1414

Most Helpful Guy

• Dude why are counting the days and weeks? It is OVER ! She did you a great favor by cheating on you. she was never going to be right and she doesn't deserve to have someone she shit on still waiting to contact her.

You need to move on man, it's hard but extremely easy when you think that she was with someone else kissing feeling laughing sexually active with all while she had you thinking she was all yours.

That is not cool bro.

Occuping your mind of a chic that forgot about you is making you feel guilty? WTF? come on man , WAKE UP

• she's not making me feel guilty. Its me that feels guily buy no contact I've not spoken to her for 6 weeks. Its her birthday soo & I don't know if I should text her happy birthday or not?

• guess I'm pathetic with no self-respect

• OK man sorry if this was harsh, I am sorry to be so damning. I have been there and I see you taking the same road i did and it wasn't healthy. It was pathetic.
      I feel that you need for your own health and sanity to let this girl go. I know what stage of grief you are in with thinking that she is the angel of your dreams that could do no wrong and if she could see how strong you are and how much you care she will run back to your arms, but in reality You are feeling guilt for someone who hurt you deep.
      You do need to move on. Pick yourself up prepare and be available for the right woman that is waiting to meet you. This cannot happen until you give this chic up out of sight out of mind. Her Birthday present from you is you showing her that she never should have hurt you as you go on and find happiness you deserve.

What Girls Said 14

• No, you guys have broken up, she's not your girlfriend and therefore not your responsibility. Don't feel bad for her, she's undeserving of any worthwhile relationship because she's a cheater. You're not cutting off of all human contact she's just no longer a part of your life.

• Where do I find men like you who go out their way to not emotionally abuse a girl, that has in a way, abused you?

No way man! You are not emotionally abiding her! You are doing the best for both of you. There is no future for your relationship and no contact allows both of you to move on...

You are a wonderful man to be worried about her though... Good for you. You deserve someone just as lovely 😊

• No, breaking up with someone and not talking to them anymore is not "isolating" them. That's a normal part of break-ups. Isolating a person refers to being in a relationship with someone and attempting to cut that person off from their family and friends so that the only person they have in their life ends up being their partner. That is considered emotional abuse.

• No its over if you were with her and in a relationship then you would be obligated to her and ignoring her or her emotional needs would be wrong however you no longer are together, so your no longer obligated to give her anything, your doing the right thing, you want and need to move on, your bound to be vulnerable and any communication could make things more complicated!!

• No you are not. Most people has zero contact with their ex especially if they cheated.

You sound like a good man, she is a fool.

• No, that more refers to a parent who ignores their child. That would be emotionally abusive. What you're doing isn't.

• No and no. I don't think you need to judge her for it any more than necessary or talk badly about her, but It's your life and you can decide who is in it and who isn't. If she was a friend too, give her the respect of saying hello or smiling if you run into her.

• No. Your relationship didn't work and your friendship thereafter didn't work either. There is nothing wrong with ceasing contact and moving on from her.

• if you two have broken up, you don't emotionally abusing her.

• No, of course you're not.

• No.. You have the freedom to remove unwanted people from your life.

• She cheated on you, so why are you concerned about how she feels? Obviously she did not care about your emotions when she cheated on you. Keep on never contacting her again.

• No your not

• No you aren't. Just think about yourself for now and let yourself move on

What Guys Said 13

• Not in this case your not abusing her brother. She chose the path she wanted to take , let her walk it rather than carrying her

• If you were staying together and isolating her then you are emotionally abusing her. But you are not together or friends for that matter. So I would not consider that emotional abuse.

• No. Don't beat yourself up about it.
    You have the right to choose who is allowed in your life and who isn't.

• You're not, she cheated on you and it was your choice to walk away. No one can blame you.

• You are being to nice here.
    She cheated on you.. in translation that means she doesn't care that much about you.
    So you isolating her won't do much harm to her don't worry.
    Anyways do what makes you feel better don't think about her feelings because she didn't think about yours.

• Isolating her from talking to other people is the abuse you speak of.

• No. It's called self preservation.

• Not if you are no longer in a relationship. That's just a healthy breakup.

• no dude its your call you are in charge she is not a part of your life anymore

• Psh, no, she fucking cheated on you, who cares if you're ignoring her?

• No, you're doing the right thing. Best for you, best for her.

• I would say no you are not, friend.

• No, isolating a person is considered abuse when one partner tries to isolate another from their family, friends and support system. What you're doing is something else entirely.