Do you tell your boyfriend everything?

To the girls out there, do you tell your boyfriend everything? Your weird little quirks, your embarrassing moments, your mood swings? I write these journal entries when I'm feeling bad or slightly depressed, and my ex was really interested in them. He badgered me about reading them, and after I let him see a couple he changed in his actions towards me. It made him think of me differently, so I was too scared to show him any more. It's not that I didn't trust him, it's that I didn't want him to think of me as some chronically depressed person, because I was really happy when I was with him.

Thing is, it might have been a factor in our breakup; he said I didn't trust him enough.

So I'm wondering if I was right in keeping them to myself, or should I have been more open?

32

Most Helpful Girl

• Communication is super important in any friendship or relationship, and ultimately communication breeds trust. He may have felt that because you didn't want to tell him certain things, you didn't fully trust him. However, you were just worried about how he would react to those things you didn't want to say to him. In a way, he was right; you didn't trust that he would accept you. It's a tough lesson to learn, especially in your case because you didn't want him to think negatively of you. Again, communication's important. Make your feelings understood, and usually things will go a lot smoother.

What Guys Said 2

• I'd love it if I had a girlfriend who told me everything. She didn't have to tell me her deepest darkest secrets, but I'd want her to be open to me, and I would want to be able to be the same to her. I don't think I'd dump her for not trusting me, but I'd try my best to reassure her that she could.

• Being a boy I would love to know if my gal has any past.

Not deeply but at least I should know:

1) who is that guy and

2) the best time she spent with him.

1. If I know his ex and in case he is around us at least she need not to be afraid or feel uncomfortable about it. As I know him and if he does any thing distubing act for her I can take care of it.

2. If I know the good times of her with his ex. I will try to give her more memorable things to remember so that she never think she is missing those days. It may be good time doing outing or in bed.

And the most important point. Never to make fun or tease her on her past act or life.

What Girls Said 2

• well.. if its personal to you u don't gotta show him if you don't wanna!

there was a lot my boyfriend didn't know about me for the first like 9 months we were together.. id hide a lot from him, things that made me sad and stuff are made me feel dumb.. but now I tell him ne thing and everything.. and he tels me everything as far as I know lolz

so if ur comfy wit a guy go for it

• should've been more open about how you were feeling and everything. He may have thought you were keeping secrets and after he read em you should've talked to him about it