Detaching myself from an ex?

My ex and I started talking slowly again and I still love him so very much. Over my days off I went and saw him but now I feel that I need to distance myself but I don't know how to explain why I need to. While I was seeing him I told him how much I loved him, how much I still wanted to be with him and to work things out. But after all of this I asked him if he wanted to be my boyfriend to which he said only he asks those kinda questions. So he texted me this morning to see if I was awake, which I was but I was with someone, and texted him back a couple hours later. He then asked if I was okay, I said yes, but I'm just distancing myself from you. What could be a good reasoning to tell him that won't hurt his feelings?

10

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Well you have to tell him you and him aren't compatible and if you don't feel comfortable tell him.