Do women really want space?

Things were a bit bumpy towards the end of the relationship with me and my ex girlfriend. She lost her job, had a lot of personal/family issues, etc. She became depressed and pushed me away and didn't want to see me. This made me panic somewhat and i wanted to see her more and help her anyway I could, but she would just push everyone away. We ended up breaking up and she now says she doesn't want a relationship and she wants to be friends. We hung out after the breakup and things were progressing slowly. Once we started to get close, she claims I'm confusing things and she backed off. i told her I dont want to be just friends and I would have to back off as well and wished her the best. I didn't talk to her for 2 weeks and I just tried to reach out to her yesterday and she won't respond. I sent one text and left it at that. I didn't mention anything about us or the relationship. I just mentioned that i saw a movie on tv that made me think of her and i hope she was doing well. What should I do?

43

Most Helpful Girl

• Give her space.

Most Helpful Guy

• "Space... The final frontier"
    I'm going to give you some advice as a brother... You need to let this one go... The more you try the more she's going to lose further respect for you... Salvage what self respect you have left... You sound like a great guy, and believe me when I say I know how much it hurts... But it's time to take a dip down into the waters... feel the pain... And then dry yourself off, get back up on your horse and start ridding again.
    Sorry for all of the mixed analogies, but you have to realize that you are worth more then what you are allowing yourself in the present, and if you don't do something about it you're going to make things a hell of a lot worse for yourself in your recovery. If she loves you she will come back around, if not... The right woman for you will!

What Girls Said 3

• Yes they do😉!

• do you really want to have her back? i dont think you want that, just give her space, dont contact her anymore, she will be better.

• You just have to realize that it's ok to have space away. Do something you would like a new hobby.

What Guys Said 2

• DUDE ! my God why do you so many guys not get plain and simple requests?

If she said SPACE that mean no contact no trying to get back with her etc... It is simple. Keep this up and it will put you on a list that you don't want to be on even more than her no contact list. YOU People scare me.

She obviously has a lot that is going on and she is smart enough to realize that the people she is pulling away from are unhealthy for her at this time. You should respect her wishes. This has nothing to do with you.

My advice to you is Forget about her and move on yourself build on yourself and really check out your attachment disorders because this is very unhealthy.

Sorry for your loss but I feel it is best for both of you to go your own separate ways.

BTW: the movie and thoughts of her, IS mentioning about the relationship.

• That was your problem when you didn't stand on your ground to open her up emotionally. When a woman says, ''i don't want to talk right now...'' (pushes everyone away), yourself as one of her important persons in her life should try to open her up. Listen to her, asking multiple questions. "what do you mean?'' ''im not going away if you don't tell me all these things.' ''Tell me more...''

• She didn't trust your masculine core, that's why she asked for let's just be friends' speech, seems like you were trying to force things, with ''i don't want to be just friends''
      For me, it's like a reset button, you gonna court her back from ZERO, don't rush things. Let her figure it out emotionally.