Is it ever ok to end a relationship by text?

Usually I think no. But we were together for less than two months and he was emotionally abusive and cruel. He also was publicly embarrassing me on Facebook by writing flirtatious and inappropriate messages on my friend's timeline. He was basically pissing on our relationship and had been ignoring me for days. So I didn't think he deserved more.

44

Most Helpful Guy

• The only time it's okay is if it's a scenario like yours. If they're abusive, especially physically, then yes, a text is a good idea. Don't have to deal with the after drama of a barrage of negative and hurtful words and possible physical violence. You're in the right. As for the Facebook situation, you and your friends need to unfriend and block him because that behavior is unexcusable and deplorable.

• He was emotionally abusive and cruel to me.

• What is why I commend your decision to end the relationship via text. In other situations, I think it's a shitty thing to do. Your decision was the correct one.

Most Helpful Girl

• With the writing on the wall and all here, dear, it is only right now To... Put this Problem pisser and Problem child on your own Pay no mind list and don't bother with him again, my friend.
    Normally, when in a relationship, I would say don't Text, face to face even, to say "Goodbye, be on your way."
    However, this loser does Not 'Deserved more' and with you dropping him like a Hot potato will make him look even more stupid now because after you BLOCK HIM on FB as well, he can Go... To hell.
    Good luck. xx

• Yeah. I just hope he felt an ounce as stupid as I felt.

• Forget him, don't talk to him again. That probably will make him madder than a wet hen if he would decide to talk to you again. xx

What Guys Said 3

• No but in this instance its ok

• I think it's a cowardly thing to do to end a relationship. If a relationship is going to end, the person should end it in person.

• Even if the other person is abusive?

• He put me down and said mean things to me.

• If he wasn't blatantly/boldly threatening your life, then you still could have said it in person. Insults can hurt, but it's not threatening you any physical harm.

• If he was acting that way toward you, and doing things like that, in my opinion that was the best way to end it.

What Girls Said 3

• You're right; he didn't deserve more. If a guy doesn't treat you right and respect you, then he doesn't deserve a respectful breakup. You did what you had to do to get away from someone who was toxic.

That's disgusting that he was flirting with your friend.

• um honestly if he was ignoring you for days id consider you guys already broken up. i think the text wasn't even deserved.

• It was two days he ignored me. Because I didn't let him control me.

• No. ending a relationship by text shows that you are a coward who does not want to take responsibility for your actions. Besides if you are on the receiving end, it hurts like a bitch

• Yeah well it also hurts when he's writing come ons on another girl I know's timeline, on a post that I had liked, among countless other things. An eye for an eye.