Should I forgive her or just move on?

I was dating this girl for almost five years. But due to religious conflict, we decided to break up. She actually broke up with me two years ago. A few months ago, she told me she wanted to get back together. I was really shocked and didn't know what to say. We talked a lot and she told me that she didn't want to wait forever but I told her the waiting for my answer was up to me. So while I took my time to decide to date her again, she goes out with another guy. She told me that I could lose her if I didn't react and I was really upset. So I confronted her but she told me I waited to long and started dating this other guy. Last week she broke up with him and we started talking. She told me that the reason they broke up is because he kept getting angry at her because she kept bringing me up in conversations. I varified this with a mutual friend. Well today she showed up at my house and we had a long talk about getting back together. I was really upset and not even wanting to listen to her but after a while she started making a lot of points that hit me hard. She admitted to her wrongdoings and asked me to forgive her and take her back. If you made it this far, what do you think I should do? Should I forgive her, because I really do have feelings for her too, or move on?

44

Most Helpful Girl

• If she admitted her wrong doings and apologized I think you should give her another chance as well as admit your wrong doings and apologize to her too. It sounds like a whole lot of mind games and it takes two to tango.

What Girls Said 3

• If you have feelings for her then forgive her and try again. Don't lose out on something incredible just due to past mistakes. Unless she cheated I don't see why people can't try and get back together to see what happens.

• Move on. If you broke up in the first place because of religious differences, then those differences are still going to be there now. You may think those things don't matter, but if you are both committed to your religion, then trust me, they do matter.

Plus, she sounds like an awful person - pressuring you into making a decision, dating someone else while you thought about your answer - I mean, how disrespectful is that? I'd move on.

• I wouldn't sounds like she had that dude on back up anyway, she was basically giving you an ultimatum, and when you didn't think fast enough she basically went to that dude. maybe she's scared to be single... I personally would never be with someone who gives ultimatums because I don't put up with that, you shouldn't be forced to do something.

What Guys Said 4

• There is nothing to forgive you broke up on a mutual understanding. You were apart and took time with a warning and she went out with someone who did want to spend time with her. You have no right to feel hurt of distrust at least.

You also seem emotionally confused and upset for unknown reasons.
    What about those religious reasons? doesn't matter all the sudden

so anyway you need to diagnose your emotions first before making a decision to make your vagina bleed anymore.

• She's playing games. Ditch her. You're not in high school anymore. If you want a mature relationship, then she needs to learn not to play these games.

• She doesn't really care about you and is just playing with your feelings, I think you should move on.

• Move on; besides the dynamic of the timing snafu, there is the religious thing, which, believe it or not, either helps keep people together (if they are on the same page), or helps eventually to break them up. Imagine if you will, an Atheist married to a Baptist minister. That is not going to fly.