Is this a valid reason to break up with someone?

I have been dating this incredible and sweet guy but sometimes he has a stupid behaviour. Yesterday I was in his house and his roomamate and 2 other guys where there. He forced me to go to the roommate's room to say "Hello" but then he ignored me and suggested to his friends that we were going to have sex. I felt embarrassed because I was there, in front of them.

511

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course there many Reasons of the Seasons Under the no fun sun To "Break up with someone."
    However, everyone of us has some crazy quirks like jerks and if it is something trivial, then Unconditional love plays a big part from one's own heart.
    In your own case to your face, it is not so much 'Trivial,' but Disrespectful and Nonsensical.
    Next time, he suggests the "Hello" Dolly thing, tell him to talk to your hand and stop putting you on this pay no mind list, you don't care to share, you want to be Respected.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 11

• That is highly immature and worthy of an argument! If he is over 20, he should know better. You CLEARLY let him know exactly what you told us. In fact, consider showing him this exact question and this response. That was highly inappropriate and controlling behavior.

You should also consider this a warning sign: Some women like to be dominated in the bedroom, but you do not want to be dominated outside of it because that loss of freedom and submission to his will will cause all sorts of negative feelings and an eventual termination of the relationship. So, if you sense that he is a control freak, consider leaving him now before you become too emotionally invested.

• That is about as valid as you can get. Someone who cares and respects you would never be so crude and embarrass someone they are suppose to adore.

leave him be to grow up and learn a valuable lesson in how not to treat a lady.

• Sounfs like he hasn't grown past the middle school mentality that treating girls like shit infron of your friends is "cool" I suggest talk to him in an assertive yet respective manner and if he doesn't mature up then you should leave him and find someone more mature

• If it bothers you tell him so. Don't hint it. Tel him.
    If he doesn't listen then break it off.

• I don't know if that action alone is reason to breakup. certainly something you need to tell him about though. explain to him how his actions make you feel and how it isn't ok

if this is routine behavior for him you may need to consider whether or not he is the right guy for you

• That is an extremely disrespectful thing to do and it suggests that all of his sweet behavior is a ploy. I would tell him that I expect an apology in front of his roommates. You will either get an apology or you will break up.

• Tell him that's really shitty behavior. If he can't handle or recognize that then find someone better. That's a douche move of him.

• haha, did you? if you're asking, it means your id doesn't want to, but your ego does. your superego makes the final decision. i think you know you should and you just need enough consensus to get the courage to do it. I'm fairly certain you could find a better boyfriend if you wanted.

• I'd have a long talk with him. He needs to learn manners.

• Immature ,, u done need that

• Yes! Dump his stupid, immature @$$!!!

What Girls Said 4

• yea it is!!
    it has nothing to do about saying hi to his room mate but it has something to do with the fact that he ignored you and that he told to his friends openly in front of you that you were going to get intimate!
    he sounds really immature and sounds like he wanted to show off in front of his friends that he was about to get it on... you need a man... not a boy

• I wouldn't break up with him but I would talk to him about his behaviour around you with his friends. He's acting really immature by doing that. Just tell him to stop and if he refuses, then consider breaking up.

• yes its fine... it just means you want someone mature

• I would've corrected that assumption real quick and just left. Sex? Haha, maybe in his dreams.

Never let anyone treat you like that. If you really like this guy and this is a one-off thing, then confront him about it and let him know how you feel, and that it can't happen again. If he often has this type of behavior or does it again, break up with him, and let him know why too.