Why does this feel like my Ex is trying to get me to contact him?

I've known him for a year, broke up with him 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard from him since. 9 o'clock last night I get this text from him.

"My phone got wiped and google apparently wasn't backing up contacts. Not sure who this is but I've exchanged texts with this number. . ."

How do you have my number in the first place if your phone was wiped out and your contacts are not backed up? And if all he has is my last text message to him then why would he respond to "someone" calling him a monster? It just doesn't sound right. I'm strarting to thing he said this so he couldn't start some sort of coversation with me. He's not going to send a "I miss you" text. He's notorious for those and I've already called him out on it in the past.

11

What Guys Said 1

• Do not respond.

• I didn't and I'm not going to. But I'm trying to figure out if he texted me that to get me to talk to him.

What Girls Said 1

• Well, if you really think that he is a "monster" then just ignore him altogether. No reason to let someone back in your life that you don't want in it.