I told my ex I still have feelings even though he's been in a new relationship for a year?

This is what he said:

"I got over you because you treated me like shit for 3 years and I realized I don't need that kind of aggravation in my life. There's a slim chance I'll ever have feelings for you again, but if you want to be casual friends that talk from time to time I'd love that. You've become less and less important to me because you do this weird push/pull thing where you want romantic attention but then aren't interested when you get it. And I'm pissed off that you're telling me this now, when I can't do anything about it because of my relationship with someone that doesn't treat me like shit."

What do I do? I love him so much and would do anything to get him back. I'm truly heartbroken and have grown up a lot since the last time we tried anything romantically. Does it sound like there's ANY chance of me getting him back? ANY chance at all? Please be brutally honest. Thanks.

21

Most Helpful Guy

• How could you be so naive as to keep loving someone who exploited you for 3 years?

Yeah, there is a chance, because you're opening the doors wide for him to come back and treat you like shit again.

• No... he said that stuff to ME about treating HIM like shit.. Can you read it again from that perspective?

• Oops! Sorry, I completelymisread it the first time.

Since he himself has mentioned that he *may* develop feelings for you again, there is a chance.. albeit a really slim one. For that to happen though, he has to actually break up with the girl he's currently seeing. If that happens, you may have a chance. If what he said was true, then I suppose this should be a good lesson for you not to treat your boyfriend like shit.

Just hope for the best, because that's all you could do for now.

Most Helpful Girl

• Please don't come in between the new couple.

If you love him you wouldn't want him to be the bad guy and cheat. Whether that be emotionally or physically.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 1

• move on, it is the best