Why does he suddenly say nice things when I dump him?

He messaged me that he thinks I'm great, pretty smart and understanding... and he doesn't know what to say maybe we are too similar. When I ended our relationship he sent that. Wtf?

51

Most Helpful Guy

• I ask you to give him one more chance!! When girls cheat you expect us to give you a chance, but why are you not to ready to give us another chance? Give him one just one chance. Take him back give your relationship another shot... God willing it should work out. He misses you! I suggest you to give him another chance. Because he would have mended him ways to get you back!

Most Helpful Girl

• Funny how he called you 'understanding' when breaking up with you... it could be he's just saying nice things because actually he was the one wanting to break up but was just waiting for you to do it.
    Or maybe he's regretting his own behaviour.

Think you probably just have discussed things before breaking up if you still like him?
    Once you open the pandora box, it's hard to go back and never bring that idea up again.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 4

• I had the same problem with my ex a while ago. He acted like an ass and after I broke things up with him he suddenly started acting all nice. He probably wants you to take him back, for whatever reasons he might have. No matter what he says, do not, and I repeat, do not take him back. If he ignored you/acted badly once, he will do it again.

• maybe it was his attempt to get your attention back

• He's trying to think of all the right things to say to get you back. Does that mean if you take him back, things will change? Maybe at first, but for the long-term... not likely

• He's trying to manipulate you into taking him back.

• He was being distant and cold so now he wants me, why?

• But why would he still want a relationship if he ignored me for two days?

• He probably just likes the idea of being in a relationship. He got used to being with you and being able to act coldly, so when you broke up he tried to get the relationship back.