Weirdly sad hearing my ex has moved on?

I thought I was over him, everyone thought I was over him, so in passing a friend mentioned my ex was seeing another girl. It stung, and it was way harder for me to hear than I expected... why? Maybe I did still have feelings for him? But whatever the reason, what are some ways to cope with the sadness? And suggestions would be much appreciated :D

42

Most Helpful Guy

• You are just young and Haven't learned this yet sweetie... It always hurts.
    If you was in a relationship with someone it doesn't really matter if you lost feelings for them or not, you will always feel at least something if you here they are with someone. It's just what happens.

Most Helpful Girl

• As hard as it is and as hard as it may still b e and has been here, dear, No Contact is the Best from the Rest way to go In... Some ways to cope with the sadness.
    It appears that you both have not been in touch, which is a good way to Begin your Beguine. And now that you know that he has another, don't ask about him and tell any of your Other friends 'In passing' That... You do not care to hear about him anymore, that you have moved on.
    Time is the One thing that will eventually heal the war wounds, and as you are licking these, the memories may remain the same for awhile but someday someone else will come along who will Make... You smile.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 3

• I know the feels girl. Me and my ex ended about 2 months ago (maybe a bit more) and I also have to deal with realizing he has moved on to someone else. It's really difficult but I can promise you these feelings will pass eventually. For the time being you just have to keep your head focused on other things. Set very clear goals on things you want to do and achieve and make sure that you are focused on that. Don't let one guy steal your sunshine and happiness. He's not yours and there's someone way better for you. You just need to try to forget about the good times you had and remember the bad times.

• I know. It happens a lot. You think you are fully over him but are not. Its ok , what you have to do is start being interested in other guys. Start seeing other guys and forget about him. And remember
    NEVER GET JEALOUS WHEN YOU SEE YOUR EX WITH SOMEONE ELSE
    AS OUR PARENTS TOLD , WE SHOULD ALWAYS GIVE OUR TOYS TO THE LESS FORTUNATE

• Don't worry about it, I have been split with my first time lover and first time everything guy for more than one year now and plus I'm in another long term relationship with another guy who is definitely better than my ex. PLUS I live overseas so I have not even seen my ex in person for almost a year too. When I hear from him that he had sex with another girl or has a new girlfriend it's still uncomfortable for me to hear even though I am not attracted to him anymore. I guess it's more because we still care for them the tiniest bit. Nothing wrong with that, as long as it's not an overwhelming cheating type feeling. Then you know you still have some forgetting to do.