Why does he even bother?

I left my ex due to feeling taken for granted and when I brought that up I was blamed for trying to mess up the relationship. At that point I understood that he was not afraid to lose me. With all feelings for him still in my heart I broke up w/him. He was very passive during the break up and after I contacted him about my stuff, he poured out his heart to me and promised me a whole bunch of things that I knew were BS. Over the next 2 weeks I tried to message him about my stuff and that ended in him blaming me for using him and breaking his heart. I decided to give up on my things and I haven't messaged him in weeks. One time he sent me a message saying that he missed me and wished that things could have been different. I deleted that message w/no response. Last week he messaged one word messages on FB and through text. I did the same thing and deleted the messages w/out a response. What is he getting at? Does he hope I come running back to him?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes he does and he's a jerk for not giving your things back. I think its more of a "I'm going to punish you for breaking up with me" type thing

Most Helpful Girl

• He took you for granted and now just wants you to stroke his ego, the way you did when you put all the effort into it without him having to lift a single finger. Keep ignoring his messages, he'll get tired of trying to get a response from you at some point. If not, feel free to block him.

What Guys Said 1

• Sounds like he wants you back. If you don't just let him know.

What Girls Said 1

• tell him to fuck off and move on