Patchy, flaky skin.....Tinea versicolor?

I have flaky, almost scaly skin which in most areas is slightly more tan colored then the rest of my skin. The first area affected was the skin under my breasts, now that moved in almost a stripe-like pattern down to about 2 inches above my belly button. Also now my breasts have little patches of it covering them and my mid and lower back is affected. It doesn't hurt but on occasion is a little itchy and the skin feels rougher then the rest of my non-affected skin.

I've tried several things to get rid of it, soaking in Epsom salts, oatmeal baths, various topical produces, rubbing alcohol, The doctor said to apply Selsum Blue before I goto sleep and wash it off in the morning(didn't work)...the only thing that did sort of work was applying Proviodine to the area for a week and leaving it on my skin, the patches had slowly gone away almost to the point where there was nothing left but then it came back and now the proviodine doesn't do anything to it anymore.

I go back to my doctor is Tuesday and she'll probably line me up with a dermatologist(hopefully) but I'd really like to know what's wrong. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

01

What Guys Said 1

• Tinea versicolor flouresces under UV light. Go find a black light and see if it does.

What Girls Said 0