I am in a relationship, but I want out before something comes up, and it hurts me or my girlfriend. What do I do?

I am a 14 year old boy, dating a 15 year old girl.

I have had doubts about this relationship. I have been thinking about breaking up, but I don't know if I should. I feel like I like more the fact of the actual girl, than having someone or that affection I've been looking for. There are others that I like, especially one in particular. And I have found that I think of her more, than that of the girl I am with now. And because I am a "nice guy" I find it hard to break up with her because I don't want to hurt her, and ruin a friendship.

What do I do? Please answer.

30

Most Helpful Girl

• You are still young here, dear, only '14' and also wet behind the ears in years as well, I can tell.
    You are old enough to see, however, that your head is telling your heart tha tit is time To... Break apart.
    Sit her down and be this Honest John in telling her the hard truth. No more Mr. Nice Guy, no sugar coating. The longer you wait, the harder it will be and she will eventually see right through you.
    Tell her that you simply feel you are way too young to get tied down right now, you really like her, she is most amazing but for now, you find it Best from the Rest to just stay friends.
    She probably will be hurt but if she is a true 'friend,' she will be understanding till the end.
    Good luck. xx

• Thank you for the upvote, sweetie. xxoo

• Thank you, sweetie, for the Vote of Confidence, and I am quite confident you did the right thing. xxoo

What Girls Said 2

• You just have to break up with her. Just say you have lost interest in the relationship but you want to be able to maintain a good friendship with her and that's it. She will get hurt, there is no way to avoid that.

• Well, breaking up with a person not to string them along is part of being nice. Of course she's going to get hurt, but you guys me be able to be friends in the future again.

What Guys Said 0