I know this sounds corny, will I ever love another man again this way?

I just broke up w/my 1st "real" boyfriend for whom I wanted to give the world to, I eventually found out he didn't care for me that much (he told me how much he loved, but I could feel in my gut he wasn't that in love), so knowing this would tear me apart I broke up. No I'm not a dumb lusty teen, I am an adult wanting to settle down. Since the break up I have been noticing other guys. flirting w/them etc. They seem like nice guys, good looking, but I don't feel the same. I feel as though he is the only guy that I will ever love that way and it kills me to think he is prob hooking up w/other women, while I have to settle for flirting w/guys and just missing him, I know there are many guys/girls that will love and cherish their partners. I work full time, work out, go w/family and friends, but I feel lost and everytime I flirt w/another man I feel so guilty. Will I ever love another man like that? Please tell me I will, I have been struggling for the last month w/out my ex.

In my best interest I am not in contact w/my ex because I know I would rather be totally blind then to see him w/other women.

13

Most Helpful Guy

• You're still getting over your ex. It'll get better with time.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I think you will. You don't feel that way now because your break up is still fresh in your mind and heart. However, time heals. The longer you go without him, the more bearable it will become and the more open you'll be to falling in love again. Just give it time.

What Guys Said 2

• Loss is mean sometimes. I've been there and done it. Take time to process your thoughts and feelings. You will be fine and smile again.

• Yeah, you will be fine.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!