My ex told me we shouldn't be friends anymore after I confessed I still have feelings?

It's a long story but basically:

-I ended things a couple years ago because I wasn't ready for a relationship. He was heartbroken.
-We've been best friends and have always told each other everything.
-About a year ago, he got a new girlfriend & I've been soo jealous. So a few weeks ago I finally told him that I still have feelings and am having trouble moving on.

He told me he doesn't have any and that I'm not that important to him anymore (ouch) and that he doesn't want to be friends anymore.

What do I do?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah leave him alone stop torturing the poor guy. You dumped him he loved you he probably did all he could to forget you and now you want to come back like nothing happened. Doesn't work like that

Most Helpful Girl

• There's not much you can do if he doesn't have feelings back for you anymore.

The thing is, sometimes we just can't have the person we want. It hurts, but it's a part of life.

in my opinion it's probably best to distance your self from him for a bit. Give yourself time to heal. It's going to be hard to see him with someone else, so be prepared for that.

But you can't blame him for moving on. You weren't ready for a relationship when he was. He moved on because he was heart broken.

It just sounds like the timing is not ideal with you two.

I would stay connected because you never know. Maybe if his relationship ends he will be wanting to try things again with you, maybe not. Only time will tell.

What Guys Said 1

• You wish him the best, you move on and let him be. What he is saying is right and best for both of you.

What Girls Said 1

• I would just keep your distance with him for now, if you persist, he is going to get mad and push you even further.. just wait things out..