Why am I getting the silent treatment?

My ex and I broke up over a month ago. We had dated over a year and were friends before that. We had a great relationship, complete with ups and downs. But for the most part happy.

When we broke it was a little strange. He first cut me off and wouldn't talk to me. A week later he contacted me and apologized for his behavior. Then he got mad and told me he didn't love me anymore. We stopped talking for about a week and a half after that. Then he talked to me again. He told me he didn't mean what he said but he doesn't feel the same way. We are currently not talking again.

After I agreed to just be friends, he still won't respond to me. I have left him alone and not contacted him. He was such an important part of my life and we were very close. How come he has completely cut me out of his life like this? I am giving him his space and all and have tried to be as non threatening as possible. All I want is him in my life as friends and nothing more. I miss him very much.

01

What Guys Said 1

• Look, it's a natural reaction to not want to talk to an ex but what he's doing is not right. Maybe at the beginning not talking that much is good so one can move on or recoup and figure out that you want your partner back but playing around like he's doing is bad and makes your feel awful enough that makes you ask others what to do. Tell him straight up, he's being immature and should tell you what he's feeling that is making act like he is

• Thanks for your advice. That is exactly what I want to do. I just feel like I can't because I am worried he will not respond. My friends also say I should try to talk to him for peace of mind for myself. I want to but without being needy or without making him uncomfortable

• Thanks. I appreciate your advice!

• My pleasure, I've been though a lot of sh*t and I have this knowledge not that I'm proud that all of it happened to me but I'm glad I can share with everyone else

What Girls Said 0