Why am I getting the silent treatment?

My ex and I broke up over a month ago. We had dated over a year and were friends before that. We had a great relationship, complete with ups and downs. But for the most part happy.

When we broke it was a little strange. He first cut me off and wouldn't talk to me. A week later he contacted me and apologized for his behavior. Then he got mad and told me he didn't love me anymore. We stopped talking for about a week and a half after that. Then he talked to me again. He told me he didn't mean what he said but he doesn't feel the same way. We are currently not talking again.

After I agreed to just be friends, he still won't respond to me. I have left him alone and not contacted him. He was such an important part of my life and we were very close. How come he has completely cut me out of his life like this? I am giving him his space and all and have tried to be as non threatening as possible. All I want is him in my life as friends and nothing more. I miss him very much.
Why am I getting the silent treatment?
1
0