Ex husbands new girlfriend trying to take my son away?

My ex husband just started dating someone new, well she's not new because I have talked to her many of times when she was SELLING OUR HOUSE... yes my ex's new girlfriend is our realtor. My ex just told me that he took his elementary school kids out on a field trip that's gonna be all day, so his girlfriend is now watching our child!! I don't want some random chick looking after or even touching my child... I don't want him to think he has a new mom or that this chick is relevant to our parenting process. I'm really worried because now my ex is trying to get custody on the weekends!! My son is only 3 and his father has never spent more than 10 hours alone with him in his ENTIRE LIFE.. I see new, very expensive clothes every time my ex brings him back and when I ask who bought it, he says that his girlfriend did.. this is not her child and I don't want them to get custody so that they can play house.. I'm just so confused.. need advice on how to deal with this

61

Most Helpful Guy

• As long as she doesn't poison them I guess its okay lol. Shame on you for divorcing him

Most Helpful Girl

• When court comes around make sure you tell the judge exactly what you just told us. Your ex husband has spent barely any time with YOUR child! This is NOT a father at all! Him and her are simply trying to gain custody out of spite. Here's the thing; I wouldn't put too much of the blame on her though. He is probably filling her head with a bunch of lies and is trying to make out like he is parent of the year to simply impress her. Given the fact that she does not know your side of the story, she believes him and is trying to help with what he has made out like he deserves. Any man or woman would do this if they truly believed it was the right thing to do.
    Do you have any solid proof that your ex husband has been remotely absent throughout your child's life? The more proof the better. Normally I believe that fathers deserve as much of a chance than a woman does. However, in this sort of situation (where I have been through something similar), I am with you 100%. A child should not be used as a pawn in someone's games, much like your son has been made into by his father.
    I hope things work out for you!!!

• On the other point of view though, I know what its like when a random woman tries stepping in and filling your shoes when it comes to the parent. I hated this woman for it. Mainly because I was so upset and hurt and I truly didn't know if she was capable of watching my babies! I didn't trust her. After all, why should I? I felt like she stole my boyfriend from me, for one. And for two, I felt like she was trying to replace me.
      Needless to say my boyfriend and I have since gotten back together and I spoke to this woman and realize that she only had the best intentions. She wasn't trying to step on my feet or be "mommy". She was just trying to help out with what she could because she truly had no idea what she was doing (she didn't have kids) and was just doing the best she could. I kind of felt bad for her afterwards because I judged her so harshly without asking what she was about from the very beginning. Have you tried giving this woman a chance?

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 5

• I think you're overreacting a little bit. I understand that you're hurt and that you don't like the fact that she's looking after him. As long as she doesn't hurt him or otherwise do something wrong with him, you don't really have a solid reason to keep her away from him. Your ex is his father, you should be happy that he now wants to be an active part of your son's life. He has every right to take care of his son.

• She will never be his mom. She knows it, your ex knows it and your child knows it. Beyond that it is only healthy for your child to have solid relationship with both parents. So don't be jealous or intimidated just focus on what's best in the long run for your son.

• You gave both to the baby you should have a say

• You sound really possessive. You're obviously always going to be his mother. Your husband has a right to see his son, and so what if his girlfriend is helping out? I say if she wants to flaunt her money around and get him clothes, then let her. It should help you considering that's more money that can be spent on bills and whatnot if his clothes are taken care of. I think you're overreacting.

• You need to talk to your ex husband about this situation. If you don't come to any agreements, you should seek a lawyer and see what legal procedures can be done to keep her far from your kid.