Why did my ex get mad after finding out I had sex with someone else?

Me and my ex were talking and he asked if I had been with anybody else in the past year that we were broken up (we were together for 7.5years) I was honest and told him yes, then he got mad at me. I don't understand because I'm not mad about the girls he's been with.

45

Most Helpful Guy

• Because he is an idiot... There is no real justification for it. He probably just wants to be more important to you than he is.

Most Helpful Girl

• He's obsessive and childish. Be glad you're rid of him

What Guys Said 4

• Every woman that a man is ever with becomes part of his subconscious harem. (*) While a man may consciously understand and accept a harem member that he was formerly involved with, inside he is a bit torn because you are still his, in a way. Even though you are not officially cheating in any way, subconsciously to him, you did. Depending on the guy, he will respond differently. However, over time (not months but years), when both of you finally have significant history apart, you become a vestigial part of his subconscious harem and things will be fine.

(*) Keep in mind, instinctively, we are polygamous because, from an evolutionary perspective, we diversify and mix up the gene pool more quickly than females and this is the best interests of species survival. However, love has also evolved because that keeps the male around the woman who bore his children and real love overrides his roaming impulse. Now, to varying intensity, a man always has some feelings of love to all harem members. One night stands with just-met women in bars don't get to join the harem, but any woman who was in a romantic relationship with a man joins his subconscious harem. He will always care for her a bit no matter what and, deep down, each man doesn't believe any other man is better at taking care of you (his harem member) than he is. This is one reason why exBFs often help their exGFs or remain friends.

• Because he still has feelings for you. I can't think of any other reason why he shud be bothered with it now

• That's what I figured. But when I asked him if that's why he of course said no.

• 7.5yrs together is a long time. And if u had been very intimate with love making, would take time to overcome. So maybe he still hadn't fully get over from the break up. Have u got over it?
      Maybe he is saying no, kos he is trying hard to get over.

• Yes I'm very much over it. I broke up with him because he cheated multiple times. I forgave him through out the relationship but waited for us to breakup to do what I did. He asked me and instead of lying to him I was honest. And he gets all upset.. im no dummy I know he still loves me and a piece of me still loves him, I mean he was my first. But I'm not going to get upset about people he slept with while we were broken up because WE WERE BROKEN UP.

• Some people are just jealous. I remember *fondly* receiving a letter from my ex-wife (written while drunk) that even if I met someone, she still owned me, and if she actually met them, she was going to cut them to ribbons.

• Because some random stallion went up inside what he sees as his walls.

What Girls Said 3

• If he was just upset then everything would have been totally understandable. Because in the end, you can't make yourself not upset. HOWEVER he had no right to be mad at you. He's being a huge hypocrite. And that's a terrible sign of character.

• Maybe he still has feelings for you?

• This happened to me. My ex and I had broken up then he came back to me after he had stuck his dick in some random hoe, let her see him naked, let her see his sex faced, and experience his dick. I was a virgin. It made me feel like he didn't respect me and our relationship otherwise he would have made sure not to harm it even in the slightest. I also didn't want some whore's leftovers.