Why do some people go from one person to another so quickly?

A friend of mine and his ex broke up earlier this year, around April I think, and he's already in a new relationship! I think he's been seeing her since late summer. How do people go from one person to another so quickly I don't get it! Why don't people just enjoy being single for awhile, nothing wrong with it. I just can't see myself getting into another serious relationship so fast after one just ended. He was with his ex for like 2 years so it wasn't a short lived thing. Are people that dependent on others?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• They don't want to waste time

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Could be a rebound but only he would know for sure. You're asking with a specific example and not everything unfortunately/fortunately can be so easily generalized like that. Maybe he really needed this new relationship or maybe he didn't want to be alone. That kind of thing.

1|0
    0|0

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 3

• If he broke up with her because he didn't have feelings for her anymore he could that shortly after get in a new relationship, yes, because he was kind of already over her when he got out in April. Or maybe he just met someone whom he really hit it off with?

0|0
    0|0
  • Its thing people use to cope with sadness so maybe he's trying to feel better about the breakup...

0|0
    0|0
  • Some people think they will heal quicker if they jump straight into another relationship.

I would never take someone elses heart while still picking up the pieces of my own. Rebound relationships rarely work, people need to heal first before they can fall in love again.

0|0
    0|0