Awkwardness between me and my ex, is this common?

It wasn't a relationship but it was something, he is an ex something. After the "break up" it's been really awkward between us. I still get very nervous, I don't know whether to ignore him or not when I see him but he always greets me and it is such awkward tension between us. I still catch him staring at me as well and then he catch me staring at him.

11

What Guys Said 1

• Despite the fact that it wasn't a "relationship" you two might need closure, if you haven't already done something to get it. Sit down, and talk about it. It'll clear things up and help the awkwardness. The fact that the two of catch each other looking at one another gives the impression that's there's unfinished business of some sort, but it's still hard. I'm assuming you've cut off all communication, besides what you mentioned above. Don't talk to him in person either, act like he doesn't exist, unless you are in a situation where you absolutely have to talk to him. Just be civil, return the greeting and go about your business.

What Girls Said 1

• Yes, i imagine it's common. You could just return the greeting, then when you do bump into him again you will feel less nervous and awkward around him.