Why would he break up out of the blue?

Boyfriend of 2 months broke up with me out of the blue. One minute everything is going well and we're making plans and the next minute he thinks we don't have similar interests? There was no warning signs that he was going to break up. I'm so confused. He even said he doesn't want to break up but it's something he has to do? what the hell?

Then he starts giving all these reasons that we shouldn't stay together, like he's too busy for a girlfriend right now or he's not ready so before we get too attached he wanted to break up? It makes no sense. He keeps insisting he does still like me and he even said he wish he could have stayed with me so why would he break up?

50

Most Helpful Girl

• Mostly with break ups there's actually no warning signs. You'd be surprised how often this happens. The general consensus is that your ex has likely thought about the possibility and there might have been confusion from his side for quite some time but then the constant back and forth of "should I break up or not" becomes too much and then they just go for it. I wouldn't fall for any of his excuses for not being with you. Mostly it's just a cover up to hide the truth that they just simply lost their feelings which is a natural thing that happens in relationships sometimes.

• The last time we were together before he broke up he was acting the exact same. He said he didn't think about breaking up until the day he did it? It doesn't make sense. Only a few days before he broke up he said he was attached to me and he thinks about me all day

• Seems like he doesn't know what he wants then. I would focus on giving him space. It's not fair on you to keep hanging around not knowing if he'll come back again (like the previous time). He needs to learn to respect you.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• I literally just had the same problem!!! I believe in my situation that there was another girl involved. Honestly, it almost sounds like the same problem. Maybe he wanted to "respect" you and take a "break" so he could be with another girl and it not be "considered cheating". Maybe his friends or family could also be getting in his head.

• tell him to fuck off and move on

• This is EXACTLY like my past boyfriend.
    He did this 4 times running back to me after every break up. He had depression and was just really confused.
    I just let him figure out what was the best thing he should do for himself. There's no point in me going back to him and getting hurt again. Right now even a year later, he still talks to me and he still loves me.
    I've moved on though and I'm happy. I'm just in outraging him to do the same

• I had a similar break up, he had given no signs or warnings and just ended it. A week later I found he was trying to get with some other girl. It could be possible he found someone he's more interested in.