Guys, Do you think if there was no such thing as divorce, more men would want to get married?

• It would definitely make me more likely to get married
  • No, it would be just as terrifying knowing that if something went wrong, I couldn't get a divorce
  • It would not make me any more or less willing to get married than I am now.
    Vote C
Girls can not vote on this poll
I'm a Guy

7

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't want a divorce I don't think most people go into marriage thinking divorce is an option. I think more people would work harder on their marriage

What Guys Said 6

• Absolutely not. In fact, if there was no opportunity to divorce, there would likely be fewer marriages. Many people commit and marry simply because they see that it is something they can back out of easily if things don't work as they hoped. In other word, the presence of divorce is something that allows people to marry without real commitment.

If people realized that by marrying, they will stay married, they will realize that if things go badly they need to work towards a solution instead of just bailing out. It is way too easy to just leave a marriage that to work at making it work.

• Voted B. It's not the ability of divorce that's the problem, it's the laws and financial divisions around it. Why does alimony even exist today? Alimony originated from a time when the husband was the sole provider for the household, and women couldn't work. It should be obsolete, women have the right to work, own property, go to college, etc. Everyone is an adult, and they should be 100 percent responsible for themselves. They are not babies that need to be provided for. Also, the debt and asset division is horrible, plus moral behavior has no bearing on the financial aspects of the divorce. So if she didn't really love you, and just used you it doesn't matter. Even if she cheated on you the entire marriage, guess what, she makes less than you so she needs alimony according to the courts. It's too much risk, most guys understand that in western countries, marriage isn't really worth it. They need to reform the laws concerning divorce and finances, in order to protect men and women from shady spouses.

• The way I figure, marriage is supposed to be permanent anyway. If you're not ready to hold yourself to a lifelong vow, don't make one. That and there generally is no easy way for a man to leave a marriage once he's entered it, so he has nothing to lose by sealing the exits. Sure, he can leave if he wants to now, but at what cost? His wife, on the other hand, can not only leave but have the courts rob him blind while she's at it. So yeah... seal them exits!

• People treat marriage like a joke/sham. They don't grasp or understand the deep concept of marriage. Most people only do it so that they can get tax benefits and certain other benefits.

• Divorced used to be illegal and punishable in some areas. People still got married.

• duh

filler