Boyfriend left me for his married ex girlfriend?

I've been with my boyfriend (ex) for two years, we loved each other very much our relationship wasn't perfect, I've stuck by his side thick and thin, we share the same best friends, and I still love him but I'm trying to accept the situation. Our life was improving, everything started to spiral out of control when I received a text message on his phone from his ex girlfriend from six years ago, she's now married to a nice guy who is successful, my ex isn't successful and is in debt with horrible credit, and my ex isn't that nice of a guy when he's mad and hit me in the face when I demanded the reason why he didn't want to be with me anymore. My ex said he doesn't want to be with me anymore because he still loves his ex from 6 years ago from high school, although they only met up three times since. It's only been one week since we broke up and we are living together still & He has already slept with her. Her husband message me on facebook asking me questions and he had no idea that she was cheating on him again, because my ex had an affair with her about 3 years ago, but she went back to her husband. Although I believe she only goes back to my boyfriend (ex boyfriend) when she's not happy or bored with her life, she's very selfish and he's stupid. My ex believes that they will never argue or have trouble with there relationship if he becomes a couple with his ex, he only think she's going to be perfect girlfriend and they will happily ever after but obviously he thinks that because they recently started talking again & because he never lived with her, no one is perfect and life isn't easy. I feel horrible for her husband. I feel horrible for him because he won't ever have a beautiful smart faithful girlfriend (me) as his girlfriend ever again. He brought over a different ex girlfriend today. What do you think will happen in the long run? I don't want to be with him, I want him to feel like an idiot and feel regret.

26

Most Helpful Guy

• 6 to 12 months from now, you will look back at your breakup with a smile. I feel your disdain and jealousy, understandably so.

These negative emotions would only hold you back instead of moving you away from what has been a tormenting relationship.

You may think to do the following things:

Step 1: Feel the hurtful feelings. It doesn't matter if it takes a day, week or month. Do not force away your thoughts from them.

Step 2: Accept the person is no longer with you, and would never come. Accept the heartbreak emotions.

Step 3: Focus on the good memories this person brought to your life. It's important not to dwell on the negatives otherwise that could cause you to relapse to the anger phase.

Step 4: Focus on things you would have loved more to experience from this person.

Step 5: Remove items about him that may cause you to deny there's no hope with thus guy.

Step 6: Set important activities to do daily. Focus on completing them. Activities focus your mind on positive emotions.

Step 7: Remember something good is coming to you.

Step 8: Let time be your best friend.

Most Helpful Girl

• It probably won't work out if they are living in poverty.

You should worry about yourself first now. He sounds like a violent person and isn't safe to be around with.

What Guys Said 5

• They both are still in love with each other and whoever they involve in their life will have to put up with their baggage. They will not let go of what they had no matter if they move on with their lives. They will find a reason to link back together again. It's good he broke up with you because thats not healthy for you to go through. It will damage you mentally and he is already hurting physically. So enough is enough. It's time for you to end the bad pages in the book and leave him in the past to start a new chapter in your life.
    Just learn from it and try not to meet another guy like him again.

• He will feel regret when he gets cheated on by her with soon to be ex husband or another guy. Once a cheater always a cheater. Or she just dump him since he is broke with bad credit.

• You don't need to be sad.

*He is not rich, is unsuccessful, had hit you in the past and is now with his ex-gf.

My advice: Find a new and better boyfriend who is richer, more successful, has a better personality and is willing to stick with you long term. Find someone you can trust.
    This will help heal your past wounds more quicker. Just forgive him and forget what happened. Let past events be past events and strive forward for a better future.

• He's a damn fool for doing this. If he hit you, you don't need him.

• I think you're the only mind in this story the others look like shitty people move and leave this shit or u will deal with shit for very long time. Ur choice baby

What Girls Said 1

• be confident, cheer up tell him to f, uck off and move on with your life, one day, you will thank yourself