Have you ever had your heartbroken by someone?

Does it lead us to be more wary of potential partners or more likely to fall for someone similar to the one who broke the heart?

136

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, you'd think that it would lead us to find the right person, but some of us never learn. I keep falling for the wrong girl and I get hurt, but now, I think it's really me hurting myself because I know they're wrong for me. Sometimes I think that maybe if I can help them, then it will make me a better person. I always get attached so damned quickly. One girl dumped me to date another guy, after saying she didn't want a boyfriend. Another told me she was dying, and the latest one, she dumped me the night of my best friend's wedding a couple weeks ago, but at least she was honest, even though I warned her beforehand and to tell me if I got attached so I could slow down. The heart wants what the heart wants. Even if it's so wrong for us. I keep trying to remind myself that there will be another girl one day, and she'll be the one, but all I want is Sarah. Some of us are able to learn from our mistakes quickly and easily. Others, need be to beaten and have their minds unraveled before realizing what's really going on. It doesn't feel fair in the slightest does it? But it'd be too easy if it were any other way.

• You're still young so I guess at that age the heart is given away more freely, so it's quicker to get over last person, I think when you get to my age you wonder and question yourself more on who to trust , it's harder for us older ones than it is to be young

Most Helpful Girl

• I've seen it go both ways: fell for someone similar &/or became more wary of potential partners.

In my opinion I think the best thing to do after a heartbreak is to take a break from dating. That way u can reflect on yourself, mistakes, etc. so that the next time u meet someone u dont make those same mistakes (although it doesn't always happen that way. sometimes it takes a few more heartbreaks for us to realize our mistakes. But it absolutely doesn't have to be that way either) Sometimes the main mistake is
    choosing similar partners.

What Guys Said 5

• Everyone who has been in relationships has had their heartbroken a few times. I think it does make us more wary but it also gives us more experience for the future. We learn some of our own flaws and some of our strengths. We figure out what we'd want more of in future relationships. Hell some past relationships can give us a lot of hope for the future. It refines our preferences more and more I think.

• Yes, I guess I am more wary now of committing. It knew my ex for nearly 2 years. I still didn't know her properly, but well enough I thought. But I'm also wondering if I'm one of those people who goes for looks rather than whats on the inside. Maybe the attractive girls are more likely to hurt me I dunno?

• Too many times.

• I never let anyone get close, so it hasn't happened and never will.

• Never ever in your life have that mentality that your ex love is the best or you will want someone like him. We are all different. Better be with domeone who is imperfect and strive to perfection. And yes my heart was broken and it took five years of my life skipping university and all that. So dont worrh you will get over it. Most importantly do things you enjoy most it hrlps.

What Girls Said 12

• Yes 9 months ago and it still hurts. I've gone through breakups before but this one was definitely the true heartbreak. It is the kind of pain I can't really describe, similar to someone dying. I would say that it made more wary and less care free when getting to like someone. I used to fall in love so easily, now I have trust issues and I'm more careful. I think the pure naive love that I had in me for so long has been ripped apart and is never coming back. I will love differently in the future. At least that's how I feel. I would like my future boyfriend to have qualities that my ex did, but not to have same flaws that he did.

• Yes, but that's life. Everyone experiences heartbreak at one point or another. For me, I think it has lead to being more wary of potential partners. I don't want to fall into the same type of relationship again. I want someone who is different.

• Yeah, it has happened. I don't really learn from my mistakes though.

• You are young don't be so hard on yourself, it was more aimed at older women and men, was a teenager myself it's easy to give the heart away to easy.. the saying is got to kiss a lot of toads to find the right one..

• I've had my heartbroken and I feel I've just been more wary of future partners.

• yes and no... yes my heart was broken but it probaly isn't a broken heart.

• That is entirely up to you. Not all guys are the same. Everybody goes through heartbreak. Some earlier than others. Just suck it up and move on.

• Yes mahy times. But my biggest heartbreak was my first boyfriend, he broke up with me 7 months ago and I still think about him and even miss him from time to time...

• Yes and yes.

• Yeah, more than once.

• Yea like twice.

• All of my ast relationships taught me what NOT to go for for the next one, yes I see some similarities still from my exes and my current boyfriend but there's also the things that are way different and way better. :)

• Lots of time 😔