My boyfriend broke up with me saying "we should just be friends". What does this mean?

I still can't seem to figure out even though its been 2 months since we broke up and we just hang out as friends every once in a while. For some better info we dated for 3 months and I was too scared to kiss him and I still haven't my first kiss. He seemed to be okay with this and the furthest we went was a kiss on the cheek. So maybe I was too shy cause I was too scared to hang out with him during lunch and just during school in general. But maybe he's not ready for a relationship but I doubt he found someone else but he's still single so I dont know. I don't feel comfortable asking him why he did. Also he we used to be friends before we started dating and he would always approach me and try to talk to me despite the fact that I'm really shy. We became friends and now he doesn't seem to like me anymore and doesn't pay much attention to me anymore. Why did he break up with me?

• You're too shy!
  • Maybe he wasn't ready for a relationship.
  • Maybe he found someone else.
    Vote C
  • Maybe got bored of you and lost interest in you.
    Vote D

21

Most Helpful Guy

• If you're in a relationship and you don't even kiss that's not much difference in just being friends to begin with.

"Let's just be friends" is what people say to break up (or to stop from going out in the first place) with someone but don't want to hurt their feelings.

You're so young you shouldn't worry about it, you'll find someone new.

Most Helpful Girl

• Who gives a shit what it means?

It means he's done and technically he has no obligation to explain himself. He's done. The end. Move on.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 1

• Either B or D