Can you still stay really good friends with a girl when you break up?

just curious what people think

62

Most Helpful Girl

• You can but I think it'll take time, if it was a mutual break up then yeah but if one of you still has feelings for the other then it would make it difficult but there's no reason why you can't stay friends once its all done and over with and there aren't any emotions or hard feelings there

xoxox

What Girls Said 5

• Sure you can still be friends. I'm still great friends with all my exes. I have never really understood why people get so bitter towards each other when a relationship doesn't work out the way you planned. I feel like if you are ready for an adult relationship then you should be able to respect each others feelings even if they aren't there for you anymore. It still hurts but if you loved that person once then isn't better to see them happy and at least still have them in your life as a friend?

• well of course you can still be friends with a girl even after you break up. its normal. unless one of you have a hidden agenda as in, trying to get back with one another. but if not, and its only a mutual friendship, then I don't see the problem

• It depends on what you feel for that person. I've always been friend with my exes because at the end of it there were no more feelings, or feelings were changed, but I haven't been able to remain friends with my last ex, the only person I really loved. I tried, and tried, and tried for a year, apparently I was happy to be friends but it took me a while to realised it was making me sad so I decided to stop any contact with him.

• it depends who broke up with who. if the girl broke up with you, she probably still wants to be frineds. BUT...if you broke up with the girl, most of the time, they want nothing to do with you... hope this helps :)

• Why not.

What Guys Said 2

• If not mutual and you loved each other, then only after a looong time of no contact, MONTHS of no contact, a yeeeaar maybe (in my opinion.)

My ex and myself would hang out, have fun... but if anything's mentioned about a party or a great bar or club night, one of us would wind up asking the other if they hooked up with someone. And then we can't stand each other afterward, I mean no matter what the answer. If yes, then details are demanded. If no, then angry with "none of your business" type stuff. Bah! And even good times it was always on ours minds... "has he/she had a good time with anyone else?"

We admitted this both after a looong time and only over the internet. It's tough man, it's tough

• It's impossible.