Guys, How often do you look at exes on social media?

Guys, let's assume you dated a girl for a while that you fell in love with. Thought she was "the one." Seriously, you LOVED her. Unfortunately, the relationship did not last (it ended on a bad note) but agreed to remain friends even though y'all stopped all contact. You are still friends with her on social media. Though you have a new girlfriend, would you ever check out her profile or read her stuff on your newsfeed? If so, how often? And why would you set your privacy settings to where she cannot see any activity but not delete her as friend? She was a great girl, you don't hold s grudge.

7

Most Helpful Guy

• I live with one of my exes (room mates, 2 years between breakup and reconnecting as friends), but the other (more) serious ex I check her profile every few months on average... She's not very active on social media but it's nice to kinda see what she's up to. We ended on good terms, she's with a guy now and getting married. She seems happy and he appears to take good care of her, so I'm happy for them. I guess nostalgia is what brings me back, a little bit of "What if..." thinking, and just curiosity to see what she's up to.
    I wouldn't (and have never) change my privacy settings to prevent an ex from seeing my profile feed. Fortunately my serious relationships have all ended on good terms, I've got nothing to hide.

What Guys Said 6

• rarely if at all. maybe once a year just to see how they're doing

• aside from the ex's who I am friends with. I still don't really check their social media but I see it on my newfeeds

• It happens: I still care a bit about them.

• Oh god... Who can really know how much? Sad to say but could depends on how strong is the new relationship..(or how weak is the last) Remaining friends is the best and the worst plan we decide to build. For many reasons we know well. The subsequent question could be :how much we are afraid this strongly wanted "friendship-with-ex" could ruin the new story...

• I would never. Shit that is torture.

• I agree, it is torture but apparently neither of us want to burn the bridge because we are still fb friends. Im OK as long as I don't go to his page or see his posts in my newsfeed. It was a break up neither of us wanted or intended but it happened. It is hard knowing that he has a new girlfriend but there was nothing I could do.

• Have I? A handful of times -- and I always regret it.

Once you break up with someone -- especially if she initiated the breakup, and on a bad note -- you shouldn't ever have anything to do with them again.

Doesn't matter how "great" I thought she was. She doesn't want me, and she ended things badly. There's nothing to be said or done to repair things.

• Never ever in a million years