Why didn't my ex wish me a happy birthday?

Me and my ex had been friends for several years before we dated. He told me I wasn't what he was looking for, and he still wanted to be friends. But today is my birthday, and he has watched my snap chat story and knows it is my birthday. Why hasn't he told me happy birthday? I want to be friends again, but it's kind of difficult when he won't even talk to me. I did try to send him a text about 3 weeks ago, it was a funny joke and he didn't respond. I don't understand how he can just pretend like I don't exist.

21

Most Helpful Guy

• He's obviously trying to move on. You should at least give him space even if you guys aren't together still. Thats probably what he would want.

Most Helpful Girl

• Two people I recently considered best friends that I have known for a decade didn't wish me happy birthday. Actually, I invited them to do something with me and neither one even responded with yay or nay... People are just rude.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 1

• Oh how social media rules our lives. Before FB, Twitter, IG, Snapchat, etc. no one had these insecurities/worries or was bothered by such little things (just my opinion on social media, not of you or your question).

Honey, he's trying to move on. Being friends after a relationship isn't easy and it takes time. You don't just instantly go back to being friends. Just be patient and give him space and time. What's meant to be will find it's way.