How to handle a break up with your first love?

Hello there! So I just had my first real break up with someone I fell in love with about a month ago. We were together for a long time and had something really special. i still won't doubt that we have chemistry, something i will miss forever, and will probably never have again. He tried to get me to take him back a few nights ago and begged me for hours, but i couldnt. It was a painful no, but he hurt me in so many ways that I would be a doormat if I went back. I ended up having a rebound boy and he was perfectly fine with being a rebound. We would make out, go a little farther, hang out, play COD, and study together, but he wanted sex and i couldnt give that to him. honestly, when we would kiss I just thought of my ex and how I missed him. I thought this boy would help me forget about him, but it honestly did worse. I got really sad at one point and thought, "Greg used to do this" or "wow I wish Levi would treat me like this, like how Greg used to." I ended up breaking it off with Levi because Im just confused on how to get over Greg and Levi doesn't deserve to be rebound. I honestly dont know how to make myself get over this break up. Its so different because I actually love Greg and still do. Any advice? Anything will help, thank you.

11

What Guys Said 1

• Going into the arms of other people is not the answer. at least in my opion you have a entire life ahead of you concentrate on school, outdoor activities just anything and sooner or later you will start seen the entire picture. there's a lot more to explore in the world. If it was really ment to be believe further down the road you will see a sign. Good luck

What Girls Said 1

• I know how you feel, most important thing is do not rebound ! That will only make you feel awful about yourself and especially if the other person is in to you. Also don't get back with your ex if you were not treated right, you'll just end up back to square one. The best advice I can give you is to focus on yourself do your studies, go out with your friends (i know it's hard when you're feeling so down but it will help), do things that make you feel good, get your hair done, makeup done, go to the gym. If you need to, block him from all social media, it's no good moving on and then getting an I miss you text to bring all the feelings back. Hope I've helped, good luck, I know it's hard but you will get through it !