I'm having a hard time deleting emails and photos of us together, should I do it?

My ex is the scum of the earth to me. I hate him. But for some reason I can't delete our email conversations and photos of us together. Should I delete everything or just save it? I rarely go through my email but I do look at pictures of us every now and then.

47

Most Helpful Girl

• Make a private folder and save them if you're not ready to delete. At least they'll be where you can't see them until you want to. That's what I did.

What Guys Said 7

• You have pretty strong feelings for the relationship. But you have to look ahead to a better world for you.
    If you like a particular photo because you look great in it (and you do look great, btw) then save it and edit him out. DELETE the rest and all the texts and get busy with the new you.

• Regardless of whether or not you have positive or negative feelings about an ex, it DOES help to get rid of stuff that reminds you of them especially for how vulnerable you are right after a breakup. Your heart wants you to dwell on the good times and what could've been but the logical part of you realizes that it was never a possibility. Moving on means moving on in all aspects of your life.

• I would delete them, the hurt will be big at first but if it comes back in a couple of months then you won't be able to feed the fire burning inside you and you can move on, not having anything that holds you back and keeps you down.

• delete it. why dwell in the past?

• Delete them and move on. Best thing you could possibly do for yourself.

• Why do you still look at the past? If he is truly scum, you should delete the photos and e-mails unless you still have feelings for him and cannot let go.

• If you want to erase all the memories, its better to delete everything including pics.

What Girls Said 3

• You need to get rid of them. They serve you no purpose other than to remind you of a relationship that failed.

• If you look at it on occasion, I think you should keep it.

• You can't bring yourself to delete the pictures because you have hope y'all are gonna get bacl together? Just delete the & move on since you hate him so much.