Which would be more painful - Your SO cheating on you behind your back, or leaving for someone else?

Both would be painful , but which would be more painful to you?

44

Most Helpful Guy

• Cheating is a lot worse, it breaks a cycle of trust and can really mess someone up. Leaving me for someone else is just a lot more forward, at least we know our relationship just didn't work out.

Most Helpful Girl

• Getting cheated on because you've invested your time and energy on that relationship only for them to deceive you for an extended period of time and make it look like everything is ok when it's not.

If they leave you for someone else at least they're telling you and ending the relationship instead of cheating.

What Guys Said 3

• Definitely cheating. Leaving for someone else because my SO had her feelings changed? That's hurtful, but at least honest. Being lied to and have your trust abused is a lot more painful.

Though usually both go hand-in-hand unfortunately.

• Leaving me for someone else, because in that instance, she is dumping me. But if she cheated on me, at least I'd get to dump her.

• One thing usually leads to the next anyway so it's hard to say but I think cheating on you and then finding out later is painful since it's been done to me

What Girls Said 3

• Honestly, I consider them almost the same. When they cheat, it's very likely they will either continue to cheat behind your back (if you don't break-up with them), or continue their relationship with the person they cheated on you with, in the open.

If they leave for someone else, I would question on whether they cheated on me or not. It depends on the quality of person were with; if they have character and integrity.

It is possible for someone to leave for a different relationship and not cheat as a result. Though, a lot of people take the easy way out these days instead of what is right (and I mean by both parties).

• Cheating.

Both would suck, but at least we'd part ways as two honest people as opposed to one dishonest piece of shit.

• Both would hurt but it would hurt more if he left me for someone else out of the blue