What movie should I go watch with friends tonight?

I can't really decide. There's Sherlock Holmes, Extraordinary Measures, the book of Eli, Avatar,Up in the Air, Tooth fairy, the spy next door...and others. Anyone watch any of these? are any of these good?

hmm I'm leaning towards Sherlock Holmes...mmm yes I heard Avatar's good too mmm...

48

Most Helpful Guy

• Yea, I know not probably helpful now... but I have seen Avatar, Sherlock Holmes, Daybreakers... and I believe there was another I seen within that time frame, well anyways, of those I'd say Avatar was a more adult and visually stunning movie, Sherlock Holmes though not as good as the books upon which it'd been based, is fairly good at summing up conclusions and delivering its self as a more intellectually appealing film, while Daybreakers is not on your list I thoroughly enjoyed that one and would say it was my favorite of the three, next being Sherlock Holmes, lastly would be Avatar, because aside from its asthetically pleasing visual affects, it's story (at least to me) was not terribly new or creative, and its themes which were used to beat the viewers over the head with were not something I enjooyed, regardless of whether I were opposed or for the themes, I don't think they should've been so over-stated in the movie.

What Guys Said 7

• I would see:

Up In the Air (I'm currently love drunk)

Sherlock Holmes

I'm not a big fan of sci-fi.

• The Book of Eli is the best movie since There Will Be Blood in my opinion, but it is for the tastes of a serious minority. So don't take my advice.

• I say go see Avatar in IMAX 3D, if you can't get that then go see Sherlock Holmes, and if you can't see either, I don't know I'd say just drop the movies and go chill elsewhere lol

• Out of those, I've seen Sherlock Holmes and Up in the Air.

I though Sherlock Holmes was pretty good, myself. As for Up in the Air, it felt kind of unresolved and unfulfilling at the end. Also, a lot of the comedy from it is through liberal use of the F-bomb, unfortunately.

I haven't seen Avatar, but I've heard that it's a really good looking movie. However, I've also heard that the plot is basically Pocahontas in sci-fi, so it doesn't sound terribly interesting to me.

• Avatar's pretty much one of the best movies ever.

• As long as your IQ is under 120, I will not argue!

• Lol w/e douche, go along with the crowd that loves to say its all about graphics. Tool.

• Oh, and note every woman down there said Avatar, nuff said. GL with that.

• Sherlock Holmes was boring, but the acting was really good.

Avatar was a snoozefest. The plot line was predictable, regardless of how good it looked.

Extraordinary measures was interesting, but kinda fell through in the second half.

The tooth fairy doesn't really look all that good.

The book of Eli looks interesting but I heard it wasn't very entertaining.

Go see Up In The Air.

• Avatar is awesome, try to get seats in the exact center of the theater.

What Girls Said 4

• sherlock holmes and avatar were both really good movies. if you see avatar you have to go to imax 3-d

• AVATAR! go see it in IMAX, I guarantee you'll love it. I've seen in 5 times lol.

• 5 times? wow... I liked it, but for $15 a ticket, I would consider that $60 and 12 hours wasted.

• Lol. aye, I thought about that every time I went. but I went and saw it with different people each time and sometimes they were buying the tickets.

• Of all things, I would see Avatar in 3-D.

• Sherlock Holmes was a really boring movie. I kept checking my cell phone to see how long I had been there. it has it's moments, but it's draws on and on and I couldn't wait for it to be over and it doesn't really make a difference whether you see it on the big screen or wait for it on DVD.

Avatar was spectacular, it's definitely a movie that you shouldn't miss while you have the opportunity to see it in IMAX because you will never have that chance again. Avatar is something you don't want to miss.