Ex still has feelings for me?

Bit of background: Me and my ex were only together 3 months (not a long time, I know) but it was a very intense relationship. He was my first love, first serious boyfriend, first everything. I was the happiest I'd ever been in my life when I was with him. He broke up with me suddenly, completely out of the blue. He couldn't handle having a relationship and doing extremely well in college at the same time, so he had to let me go. I was absolutely heartbroken. He wanted to still stay friends, but I rejected because I was so hurt.

So since then, I've been with two other guys and I could have happily said I was over my ex. My best friend and my ex were talking during the week (she used to live with him) and he basically told her that he still has feelings for me.

I wish she had never told me this because now I feel all the hard work I've done trying to get over him has been undone. I'm so confused about what to feel now. He was my first love and I think I'll always have feelings for him, but I don't ever want to be as heartbroken as I was ever again.

Has anyone been in this situation before? Can someone please give me some advice?

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't let him mess with your head anymore. At this point, honesty and communication MUST enter the picture for BOTH of you. He has feelings, but what will do about those feelings? Does he want to get back with you, make things exclusive? Keep you on a string and jerk you around? You need to know BEFORE you make any choices or decisions about him.

• Ya that's the thing, it wasn't me he told his feelings to, it was my best friend. But I cut off communication with him so much after we broke up that he probably feels I'll just ignore him if he tries to tell me anything.
      And we are still in college and he's probably still as stressed as ever so I feel if we were to start again now that it would end the same way again because not much on the college end has changed, other than him not taking on as many projects as he had last year.
      If we were to get back together, it would 100% be exclusive. I'm not one to take being led on and there's not a chance he'd lead me on either.

What Guys Said 1

• When i started reading this, I thought that you were my ex

What Girls Said 2

• I've never been in that situation before. But he obviously cares for you. I think you should give him a second chance.

• Well being the nature of your break up its not like you fought or had issues or anything, he just couldn't handle a relationship with college, so I'm not surprised the feelings are still there. If you feel like it could be different, I wouldn't see a problem with giving him another chance.