What does "maybe in the future" mean?

My boyfriend dumped me after 9 months due to some insecurities and me hurting him. We both utually agreed that I'm not ready for a relationship right now. He's said several times that w might work out in the future and he's willing to give it a try. He's a very honest person. What are the chances of us getting back together in 3-6 months time?

45

Most Helpful Guy

• 0

When he said "in the future" I believe he meant years down the line. It sounds like he's burned out or maybe sick of you (not a good sign if you've only been together for 9 months). I think for now he's most likely looking if there's a better option out there and said that because he doesn't want to burn bridges with you.

Most Helpful Girl

• In this case I'd assume maybe was a polite way of saying never. When someone has insecurities and they'be been been hurt by the one person they trusted not to hurt them , then the hurt usually stays with them.

Unless he deals with his insecurities he will never be emotionally strong enough to help make the relationship work a second time around. It would be pointless trying again if you go back into the relationship without improving

• ... aspects of you personality. In order to make a relationship work a second time, changes from both of you will have to be made. Or it will end the same way as before.

• They've*

• Your*

So sorry for errors 😖

What Guys Said 4

• Honestly? The chances are incredibly slim. I know that is probably a painful truth right now, but you'll be better off for it.

• I can give harsh statistics but i need to know how many guys you have been out with. Before you agree im warning you the statistics will be harsh. And maybe in the future means maybe in the future.

• Means he either found someone else and his is putting you as a last resort option or he just needs personal time to rebuild whatever it is that is bothering him

• very slim due to the fact there are millions of girls that he could be chasing

What Girls Said 3

• I don't know... I get a feeling he doesn't want to but you said he is honest... I mean if he wanted to fix the relationship he would have already.

• Sorry but he just said maybe in the future to be polite.
    I think you will also understand in time ; there is no need to get back together.

• He's just giving you false hope and putting you on the back burner until he finds someone else.