I still love my ex girlfriend?

My ex girlfriend and I broke up bc were at 2 different spots in our lives. She is in a good college and spends a lot of time studying and is 3 years younger than me, she doesn't believe in premarital sex, she plans on studying abroad and reasons a long that nature. I have always believed that she was the one for me but it is the wrong timing. She is seriously my best friend. We stopped talking a couple of months ago and I'm trying to move on with this new girl that I really like. I have been seeing her for a few months and she asked about a relationship and I had to admit that I was still in love with my ex girlfriend. I don't plan on getting back with my ex now but I have always thought that 3-4 years later once my ex has graduated from college we can get back together. I feel like if I was truly over my ex I wouldn't think like this. I really like this new girl she is out of school, has sex, has a car lives closer and has more free time. I think that it would work out with my ex but I still have feelings for my ex and hope to work it out with her in the future. What should I do?

21

What Girls Said 2

• You shouldn't enter into a new relationship when you haven't resolved your feelings for an ex, one way or the other. It's not fair to you, because you need time alone to not feel obligated to another, and feel free to explore your feelings. And it's not fair to the new girl, because it's disrespectful to her, and trying to build a new relationship, just to trump an old one, is a bit immature.

• Stay with the new girl, it's who you choose.

• Why should I stay with the new girl?

• Well in your own words "you really like this new girl".. She satisfy your needs. So, there ya go.

What Guys Said 1

• Hey, it's possible this question is extremely old... I can't seem to find the date stamp. But you should definitely go after the new girl. I recently broke up with my girlfriend and trust me, you will want to move on. For me, that usually comes in the form of a new date/crush. If you really like this new girl, go after her. If she wants you and even if you like her a little, go after her. You don't want to be stuck in the past never being able to move forward. Hope this helps :)