All my friends tell me to break up... should I?

I will just explain briefly and simple. My girlfriend did some disappointing things to me, and I forgave her many times. But the last time, she lied to me, and I didn't even talk to her. Then she never texted me after that day (it's been 3 days). Should I just break up with her? or just wait until she texts me? or should I go up to her and try to talk with her?

42

Most Helpful Guy

• When one door closes another one opens... Trust me when I tell you this brother, close that door!
    You don't need someone that's going to make you feel devalued... Sometimes silence speaks louder than words.
    If you know what's good for your sanity... You will close the door to her and step away.
    Take the time to heal and deal with your wounds... And when you're ready, trust, another door will open.

• wow, your words are so deep...

• Mahn your words really pierce through my heart... I finally got out of the chains and I actually feel better now... but I think I need a rest just like what you said. Would you mind if I ask questions or tell you my problems to you sometimes?

• Any time... Just PM me

What Girls Said 4

• Talk to her about your feelings, and let her know how she's hurt you. Don't break up with her because your friends are telling you to... Follow your heart. If your heart is telling you that you deserve someone who doesn't do "disappointing" things, then break up. If you still love her and can see a future, don't.

• I like her but I'm just afraid if I can continue to like her this way... We also have lot of contradictions with each other

• Do you think it worth going through this cycle again of forgiving her? I say don't because she mostly won't change. Or, if you do care about her then I say seek some kinda thearpy for relationship to fix it.

• I like her so I tried to understand. But I'm really tired of it now, and I really need a mental therapy for myself

• Maybe I should. I really want to see what's in her mind

• yeah only an expert would truly know how to dig deep to the core of whats going on.

• Have you done anything that would make her mad? Or sad? A guy broke my heart once and so I just stopped caring and I lied to him and did stuff because I didn't care anymore but I still loved him. I recommend staying with her. Make sure you haven't done anything that would make her mad. She probably loves you and all. People DO change. I myself have changed so much and now I would never lie to my guy.

• Yeah only for some people

• By what you've provided, I'd say that you should break up with her, and here are the reasons why...

-She's done some disappointing things (many times).
    -She's lied to you
    -She's was the one who was at fault (from the info you gave) and yet SHE'S the one who is not texting/contacting you.
    -Your friends are telling you it's time to break up. (Friends, though sometimes immature, usually have your best interests at heart and in mind. If they're telling you to end it, I'm sure it's because they have valid reasons and they've seen what this relationship is doing to you.)

Because of all that, I'd say you are actually long-overdue for a break up. If you don't end it now, your relationship with her will continue on in this vicious cycle... she'll do something disappointing, you'll take her back, she gets off without any consequence, and she does it/something else disappointing all over again. From what you wrote, she doesn't love or appreciate you enough to stop doing whatever she's doing, to stop lying to you, and to stop taking advantage of you.

Long story short, it's time to break up with her.

• Yeah, I also feel that she doesn't show any respect to me... like she doesn't care about it anymore. You're truly correct that if I talk to her and we become okay again... it will eventually go through this vicious cycle. From the time I met her, I was never comfortable because I would always be like, "when will this girl cause trouble again..." I didn't know before I dated her, but she is an immature person than I thought lol

What Guys Said 1

• Break up unless u want to be her toy ur choice