Why would a girl let a guy continue to pursue her if she seems to be not interested?

Why would a girl let a guy continue to pursue her if she seems to be not interested? Why not just tell him rather than lead him on, she's had many chances but keeps playing the hard to get game.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Some girls just really want the attention that bad. They will just string guys along until they have had their fix and then boom no more calls, attention, anything.

There could also be another situation going on in this girl's life, usually with another guy. Maybe she's being strung along herself? Maybe she has a crush on someone else, or doesn't think the relationship in the long term will work. She may have emotional problems.

The only way to know for sure is be direct and ask her. See what type of vibes you can get off of that. I personally would run away from this chick, no matter what the reason she seems like a hol..lotta hastle.

2|0
    0|1
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 24

• she likes the attention.

why do guys keep talking to a girl they know they are not interested in dating? -they want to hook up.

it would be nice if we could always just know people's intentions ahead of time.

well, maybe not always, because sometimes they are liable to change and we could miss out on something great, but in general we end up following a dead end.

1|0
    0|0
    • I hear you but she,s the 1 who started the whole flirt thing with me like 4 months ago. I didn.t show her any attention because I had a girlfriend up till Christmas. Now I,m single I decided to text her & asked her to meet me & actually talk to get to know each other but she didn,t show up but when she sees me talking to another girl she gets upset, the dirty looks & stuff. I just don't get it .

• If she was interested she would have met you, or at least given a legitimate excuse and wanted to reschedule. now she is probably annoyed that she isn't getting all the attention? idk

• most females like that feeling "am wanted" am attractive"...letting men chase them around or lead them on z part of the same story ...seeking attention is the main issue

but mostly its self confidence issues that's their problem

1|0
    0|0
    • What if he stays in her life for quite a while and ends up getting a legitimate girlfriend, like not just one to make her jealous. How do you think would she react to that?

• I guess a month max.

• I know some girls that do it all the time, because they want the confidence boost. Others, will let it happen if they are maybe down on themselves and need a pick me up. I'm not saying it's right, but it's not that different from what so many guys do. Working for the hook up and knowing there isn't anything afterwards. It's just part of what we all are.

0|1
    0|0
  • Many guys like her, and she likes to have it that way. As soon as he gives up, it bothers her that he likes another girl more then her. She enjoys it because it's a confidence boost and she enjoys the attention. Many girls striggle with this, it doesn't mean they want to hurt the guy. It's just hard to control sometimes. It's soemthing you must learn to do.

0|0
    0|0
  • oh she just wants the attention definitely. lots of girls play the hard to get game to make something interesting in their lives if they have nothing else going on. it makes them feel empowered like they are in control of every little thing.

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 9

• man I feel you, this has happend to me so many times, and I hate how girls or other people say "you are going after the wrong girls then", yeah well how are we supposed to know if they are the right ones or not? Duh!, that's why we have to get to know eachother, and what p*sses me off more is that girls often get away with it, since all they have to do is welcome or deny us guy's advances on them, seriously, initially girls have it way easier.

0|0
    0|0
  • ok look, its not that she's scared to tell the truth its that she likes the attention...ive been through this and when I stopped giving the attention you get more from the girl..."why isn't he being like he used to" "what the hell does he not notice me anymore" ... girls love attention weather they want you or not...thats basically all it is lol...you start playing hard to get and walking past her w/o giving attention .. that way you can see if she wants your attention back and if she's willing to try, if not oh well find a girl who wants your attention

0|0
    0|0
  • because it makes them feel gud 2 get atention. also it s an ego thing.

1|2
    0|0
  • I have not read the responces from other people but I am sure that the responces will be very divided especially between that of a woman and a man.

here is the truth;

Women love attention its a fact (in fairness everybody does, but women can't get enough of it). If she is playing you then the best thing to do is to stop chasing, it can go one of two ways.

1: you drift apart because she is not interested. this way you know you were waisting your time and you can persue someone else.

2: she gets frustrated at the lack of attention you are showing her and comes after you, then the ball is in your court and she is in the palm of you hand.

try it out, I garentee one of those two things will occur, and they both sound like good options for you.

FACT!

0|1
    0|0
  • it's healthy for their ego.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes