If you catch your bf/gf cheating, is it OK to break up with him without giving him an explanation?

I caught my boyfriend kissing another girl, so I told him it was over and ignored all his calls and texts. On one of those texts, he said I was wrong for just breaking things off when we haven't talked about the situation.

I'm done with him because I told him when we first got together that if you cheat I'm gone. I've never cheated on him.

Is I'm wrong for not trying to talk things out?

"Am I" not "is I'm"

1824

Most Helpful Guy

• If anybody is in a relationship kissing holding tightly , caressing, sexual acts in any situation with another, That person just threw you away out of his/her mind and soul.
    Love is not just when it is convenient. it probably never was to begin with.

You are not wrong at all that creep doesn't deserve you. He doesn't cherish you.
    You need someone who will cherish you where ever you are far or near. Love is stronger than anyone else could penetrate. no pun intended

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Agreed. and the only reason he wants to talk is to try and convince you that it was a mistake or that he still loves you or some clouded bullshit when really he's just trying to cover his own ass.

Nexxxxxt.

Most Helpful Girl

• Really? HE cheats and HE accuses YOU to be wrong for not talking about the situation? You do not have to give him any explanation, perhaps the other way around... Sorry, I have no compassions for cheaters. He is clearly trying to manipulate you. You were honest from the beginning: "You cheat, I'm gone." Stick to your words! I am sure you will find someone that shows you respect. Hugs.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE