Dreams about my ex... Dealing with the depression and loneliness?

I've had intermittent dreams about my Ex since our break up, 8 months ago. I don't dream situations that happened usually, but more like, our lives are continuing together as normal. I keep trying to convince myself of how bad of a person she is.. I've tried to fill my life with work, anger, friends, exercise... But now loneliness is setting in. I feel as though she has completely moved on, happy, and left me in a pile of pieces. My life isn't moving forward. I feel stuck; Trapped. She treated me like trash, but when times were good, they were really, good. Maybe I'm just trying to find an outlet to vent, more than ask a question. I'm really afraid that I'm going to turn to alcohol to numb myself, and I really don't want to do that, but I lay awake in bed when I have to be up at 5am, and think about the cold spot in the bed where my little spoon used to be. My friends are the worst people to talk to about these things, and I ain't got much family. Like, I said... I'm just talking to anyone who will listen, I suppose. Maybe someone's going through the same thing... Women think guys just brush it off, and hit the club the same night, and while that is true for some of the real assholes, a lot of the time it's the guy that did everything right, and got stepped on..

10

What Girls Said 1

• I'm so sorry that you're so hurt :( . I wish I could say something more to help than just I care. Your situation sounds really rough, I wish you weren't having to go through that. If I could give you a hug then I would <3

What Guys Said 0