Girls, How do I get over a relationship?

So i was dating this girl for around 4-5 months and we broke things off, pretty mutually, we just weren't right for eachother and we were bringing eachother down. We both suffer from Depression and Anxiety.

Anyway we are both hurting right now and i'm wondering how do i get over the relationship, i have thought about dating other girls but it just doesn't seem right at the moment and i'm constantly 'flat' just a feeling of depression i guess but not really feeling much in particular, no excitement or anything. I feel like this is a symptom of the break up but can't really be sure. I really want to move on, we are staying friends, but i don't know how to deal with not seeing her everyday and what do to do to fill the time that we used to spend together, she is feeling the same but we can't get back together it's not the right thing to do for us at the moment.

41

Most Helpful Girl

• It takes a strong person to remain friends with someone they still have feelings for. It shows your strength of character. After a break- up... I could never have a person in my life who I still loved or cared about. It would be too painful , and so much more difficult to move on.

It isn't a case of " getting over it"... It's a case of "getting through" it. Time doesn't' heal the pain... It's what you do with your time which heals it. So spend time with family or friends. Keep active and your mind focused on things other than the break- up. Try something new.

Depression can be so debilitating, and it
    usually signals you need to make changes in your life , or you need to deal with unresolved past issues. So try focusing on seeking help for your depression.

When people are going through a lot of emotional pain, it is really just the quality of their own thoughts. What you think about is what your emotions will react to. That is why it is important to keep you mind on positive things, as well as keeping busy.

What Girls Said 3

• The best thing to do is excersie and find a hobbies that are will make you forget her like boxing, dancing, art, anything to distract you and always talk with your friends.

• Drinking and anxiety pills

• Surround yourself with close friends, fun outings, and hobbies. Things that make you happy while you heal from your break up.

What Guys Said 1

• Alcohol and time.