Should I contact my ex?

I dated him for about a year and a half. During our relationship I moved to grad school and he followed. Then about three months later I met someone else and broke up with him. He took it really hard. In the end, I was afraid he might harm himself and the police got involved telling him never to contact me again. This all happened about 5 years ago. This has weighed heavily on my heart since it happened and every few years I look him up on the internet and think about sending him a note. I know it is wrong. I know he won't want to hear from me.

Please let me know what you think.

02

What Guys Said 2

• Why did the cops get involved. Did you call them?

• Yeah, I called them. But it was out of concern for him. I got a 3 page letter, which had several phrases that sounded like he might harm himself. I just wanted to get the authorities involved to try to prevent anything happening to him. I mean I am not worth someone hurting themselves over. Especially if I am the dumb ***** who broke up with him in the first place.

• My ex dumped me out of the blue and it destroyed me. I moved 450 miles away, quit my job and left all my friends. I spent 4 days in a hospital to deal with my depression over the situation. The difference is, she doesn't seem to care. She forgets that much of the reason she is confident, social, has the friends she has, etc. is because of me as well. I pretty much broke her out/introduced her to the world and she decided that in turn, she's too good for me now. You sound at least like you have a conscience about it. I would extend a note of well wishing. Time heals all wounds. Guys are very emotional. I can and have forgiven my ex in my mind, but I will never forget what she did to me.

What Girls Said 0