Is it worse if your bf/gf cheats on you with someone who is much more attractive than you or much less attractive then you?

Being cheated on sucks either way, but would you be more upset if the person was uglier or prettier than you?

• I would be more upset if the other person was more attractive than me.
  • I would be more upset if the other person were less attractive than me.

45

Most Helpful Guy

• More attractive because I'd assume she fucked him just cause he looked better, rather than him actually being a better person than me or w. e.

Most Helpful Girl

• Less attractive because that's just a slap in my face at least if they're more attractive I can admit that she looks better. I'm not petty so if she's prettier then okay the dude's shit either way and I would still kick the girl's ass too. For them to go to someone less attractive then me would just show how low their standards are anyways :) I'm not worried though my SO would never cheat.

What Guys Said 4

• I'd be more pissed if they were uglier. Don't get me wrong, I'm not the best looking guy out there but I do keep myself in shape and pride myself on being in top physical condition but personally, if my girl cheated on me with someone uglier, I'd take it as I suck in bed and she needed someone who would teach her a thin or two. Being more attractive just means she wanted to fuck a pretty boy which I wouldn't care about as much.

• I totally see it the way the MHguy sees it if they are uglier. I can rationalize in my brain someone cheating on me for the same thing you said which is they just want to bang some much hotter thing and its purely a physical thing, but when they are uglier it makes me think maybe they have a better personality or were a better person than me, because why else do you climb down the ladder to the mud.

• If a guy cheats on you with a less attractive girl it usually means she was either bomb in bed or just an easy fuck

• I would say it's the latter. Low self esteem is easy to prey on, assuming the less attractive person has low self esteem.

• Less attractive. I only support upward mobility.

• Both either way cause if there prettier than that means that he only likes your looks, if she's uglier than that means that you have a bad internal connection with each other

What Girls Said 3

• Um... if you're going to step out, at least step up.

I would rather he cheat on me with someone way hotter. It's easier to explain. I already know that I'm not the hottest girl on the planet. But I am pretty awesome. If he slept with an unattractive girl, it would probably mean he was attracted to who she was as a person, and that would be harder to distract him from than just good looks.

Either way, I would be extremely disappointed in him. But if I saw her and thought, 'Damn! You go, baby!", I think that would preferable to: "You slept with that? Really?"

• 100% agree. I want to be able to look at her and go, okay physically I probably couldn't compete with that, and its just for her looks, but less attractive... really... you left all this, for that and then what does she have that I can't see clearly that you want that I don't have... much more complicated to figure out.

• Yep. Humans are very visual people. I think you are spot on about being able to clearly see what they were going after.

• If they're less attractive, at least I can be like 'what did that dude see in that?' but if they're more, I think it's more painful because they're getting an upgrade.

• Wouldn't matter. If they cheat, they aren't worth your time.