Accepting being treated badly because you have no one else?

Been with my guy on/ off for two years. He's lied about some pretty horrendous stuff.
I know he doesn't care about me anymore, that much is obvious. He left me with a flat tyre in the middle of nowhere the other day in the evening with not even a care in the world. I went round his tonight, and all he wanted was sex. He kept telling me to 'get naked' and if I refused he got so angry, until I agreed. But I wasn't in the mood for anything which really angered him up. I said I was going home and he locked the door and refused to let me past, I tried to get out the backdoor but he yelled and yelled. I put up with this behaviour because I'm afraid I'll have no one if I lose him. I've lost so many friends because of boyfriends I tend to choose them over friends. What will I do if I lose him and have no one? X

41

Most Helpful Guy

• Why you're that week? Don't get wrong I mean if u have family and job u should left this shit since long time ago. What's ur life look like?

• I have my mum who I'm close to, I have a job and college and uni next year.. I need to stop being so pathetic and man up I think

• U are in good situation I think u can leave without any pro. The way he treat u is too bad and it's not a man and sounds like very bad person if u refused he will become too angry! Leave for God sake u just wasting ur life with that person

Most Helpful Girl

• It's better to be alone than with an abuser I promise, even though it might not feel like that now. He will continue to make you miserable and it will only escalate. Nothing good will ever come from continuing with this guy. You have poor self-esteem and that's really something you should work on. You should break up with this guy now and completely move on from him forever and focus on yourself. Not get into another relationship. You need to fix yourself before you can have a good relationship with a guy. Being in a relationship just to not be alone should is not something you should do. If you one day find someone that you feel a deep emotional connection with and who really treats you like a lady then you can consider a relationship with him, but not until then.

Work on your self-esteem, do things you enjoy, learn that you can be happy being single, make new friends.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 3

• You shouldn't be afraid to lose him just because you have no one else, it shows you feel like you need him and you depend on him, you don't need him you don't need anyone but yourself. How can you expect someone to love you when you don't love yourself? Just because he's familiar and he's comfort doesn't mean you're supposed to be with him. What will you do? You'll wake up work on yourself and know that you deserve the world

• I think you should leave him. There is someone out there for you that will treat you a million times better than this person.

• Lollll fuck alllll that noise. You need to wrap his ass up and ship him off to Zimbabwe, forget "losing" him. What will you do? You watch some shit of Netflix, drink a vineyard of wine, read some books, find a new hobby, re-evaluate your current life choices, and move on. Is that really how you want to live? I mean, if you're gonna accept merely settling, you can at least find someone less of an asshat.