Why do cheaters profess their love after they get caught?

Maybe it's just TV drama, but I never understood why after cheaters get caught they say:
- they love the cheated person with all their heart.
- wanted to marry them.

Is that just TV or do people actually do that? If so, why?
If you actually loved the person that much, wouldn't you NOT cheat on them in the first place?
If the person you're cheating on isn't giving you affection you need, wouldn't you TALK to them about it instead getting a sidehoe to fill the void?
How are you going to marry this person if you can't even keep a commitment to stay monogamous? Won't the cheating get worst when the sex dwindles down when she/he gets older, and when y'all have kids?

In my opinion, nothing says you have low self-esteem more than forgiving a cheater you're not married to.

Oh and here's a more big one: WHY would someone cheat on someone with their relative ir best friend and say it was a mistake? That's not a mistake, you're just an slutty asshole.

35

Most Helpful Guy

• Is that just TV or do people actually do that? If so, why?
    -- it's the last ditch effort to save the relationship. you hope by saying you love the person that they'll overlook the misstep

--ideally right? unfortunately people do things that are counter to reason right? the simple fact is humans are fallible. so some make those mistakes

-- again ideally this is how it would be

Most Helpful Girl

• They actually do it...
    They will try/say anything to dig themselves out of the whole they dig for themselves...
    Not all, but some...

What Guys Said 4

• Agreed. Its a dumb thing to do and if your durty enough to cheat, you don't deserve them.

• You'd have to ask 3 exes of mine cause I sure as heck don't know.

• Because they actually feel the love.

• cause they're cowards.

What Girls Said 2

• b3ecause they are cheaters and feel like they lost something amazing.

• Temptation is a real bitch. Especially between the age of 18-24. I think people who cheat don't realize how much they care for they partner until the aftermath. I think everyone has cheated or will cheat at some point in life since its many ways of cheating. I can't see how someone who's married or engaged but who are we to judge