Why do women initiate most (85-90%) divorce's?

Women also initiate 85-90% of marraiges. Go figure!

32

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it has to do with the divorce laws, and how income, debts, and child custody usually goes down. In general, women are the ones usually awarded alimony and primary custody of the child. Most guys know what can happen through a court, so I think they would rather just tolerate a bad marriage especially if kids are involved. A woman has less to fear in general, and usually wants independence to look for greener pastures. They don't fear the repercussions of divorce as much as men do. That being said they're are many women who have received unfair divorce rulings. When I filed for a divorce, I remember one Hispanic woman in there, who was divorcing her husband. Her husband wasn't there, and he had a restraining order because of domestic violence against not only her, but her daughter as well. The judge asked her if she wanted alimony from him, and she flat out said I want nothing from him. That earned my respect, that's how I would be (if I was her). I wouldn't want anything from someone I wanted nothing to do with.

What Girls Said 2

• Most of the time they have a pretty damn good reason like abuse, he cheated, the love vanished, etc...

• Sources please.

What Guys Said 1

• They don't get the law shoving their fist up their butts during divorce proceedings.