"A breakup allows two people to really know if they need each other or if you don't" is this saying true?

36

Most Helpful Girl

• If you truly love someone you don't need a break up to see how much you need them in your life, you will know. When meet the right person you don't want them just to slip through the cracks because you will most likely lose them forever. I was taken for granted by my 1st boyfriend who I truly cared for. I broke up w/him and I would never trust my heart to him again. If he wanted me so badly he would treated me a lot differently and listened to my concerns. A lot of times a person might not truly care for their partner, but after a break up they see how much that person did for them and they prob miss that more then anything.

• You are totally right! Thank you. How did ypu deal with the heartbreak and get over it

• I know what you mean. I broke up with him on Saturday. What hurts the most is his words and how easy it was " you taught me a thing or two about love, that's something ill never forget".

• I know that him spilling his heart to me like 2 days later was just his hurt pride, he didn't think I would grow the balls and leave him, but I did. He repeated the same things I said to him, about how much I cared, which he didn't like (he pretty much told me that I made the relationship too big a part of my life). We wanted to get married! Of course he was a big part of my life, not my whole life (I have my family, friends, dreams, job etc). If he felt the way he talked after the break up, he would have not found my words ridiculous. Him saying those things after was like a slap in the face and very laughable, I did not take him seriously. I haven't seen him post break up and I have not contacted him except for my stuff. He has texted me randomly in the last month and a half and I didn't respond to those. His # no longer exists anywhere and I have blocked him on social media.

What Guys Said 6

• Nine times out of ten, a break up means it's too late to know. One partner might regret it, the other may move on and be lost for ever. If you think you really love someone, then just don't risk anything!!

• Do you think the regretful party ever decided to do something? Like ask for a second chance

• Actually, if there's one break up, there is a good chance of a further break up later, if there is reconciliation after the first one.

• Not in all cases. But who knows

• Not always, it can also mean that they don't know how to be independent or don't know how to move on.

• What if they still love eachother

• Well what do you truly want? I don't see you moving on unless you just completely cut him off.

• Its so hard like I don't know what to do. Its my first experience. Tips?

• I'm pretty sure you mean a break, not a break UP.

• Yes it is so true... my explanation would be that;

If a guy/gal stays away, s/he would miss the person she likes the most! Soooo... by this they can figure if the really like each other!

• Yeah, makes sense.

• Sounds like something a girl would think up

What Girls Said 2

• I don't think it's true. You can know perfectly well what someone means to you and how much you need them while being in a relationship. In my opinion if you need to break up with someone to ever understand the value of being with then I doubt it's a very healthy relationship.

• But there is also a saying thay distance makes the heart grow fonder. What if both parties took each other for granted

• For me the saying only holds true if both people are still 100% in love with the other. It won't work if the feelings have gone already for one. I've never gotten feelings again for a guy after losing those feelings initially.

• That sounds fucking ridiculous. A breakup allows for you to realize you and the other person are willing to let something that most likely has a high chance of being resolved separate you permanently.

• And then this causes either party to approach the other once they realize that?

• The point is they're supposed to realize before they break up. When they reach the point of breaking up it signifies that they've just... given up

Why be with each other if you're going to easily give up on one another?

• Exactly. But then again these are mistakes people in their first relationship make