Recently found out that I'm pregnant, and I know my boyfriend won't keep it, should I break up?

I don't want to abort this baby, but I know he won't approve with this because his parents would kill him, they're arab so his parents are strict and he's still studying for dentistry. We're both 18. And my parents already knew it. Should I break up with him?

He doesn't yet that I'm pregnant..
And he's a christian arab

169

Most Helpful Guy

• No, if you break up with him, he has an excuse for not stepping up and accepting his responsibilities. If he wants to run away, don't make it easier for him.

• It feels like I'm taking away all his oppurtunity to achieve his goals.. It makes me feel bad..

• Well yeah he's syrian :)

• Thanks yeah you're right!

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm against abortion, I'm 21 and had my baby last year at 20 years old... no one is ever ready for a baby, you just learn as you go... you do what you feel is best, if you want this baby, then keep it.. but know that you have work to do in order to make sure they live in a good environment and will always be fed... apply for W. I. C and food stamps and section 8 until your financially stable. .. if you don't want the baby, then give the baby up for adoption instead of abortion, but know that, when you give up your baby, your gonna feel it, it's gonna hurt, you'll end up regretting it... but follow your heart.

What Guys Said 8

• If it's his kid he's needs to support you even if he doesn't want it.

• Nope, get him to sign the birth cert, then child support his pockets to death. He can't force an abortion on you and he should be smart enough to know that sex can result in a kid. Tell him to man tf up, deal with his parent being all bad and pissy for a bit, then do his fatherly duty

• If you love him and want him to be the father of your baby (not just the sperm donor) then give him the chance to do the right thing. He and his family may come around. But make it clear that if you're going to be together then he has to be a husband and father and not just your boyfriend.

• You should ask his opinion. If he accept then keep your relationship. If he forces you to abort, then you sure can break up with him. You will get much more understanding guy.

• You tell him and then see what happens...

• You should tell him, he has the right to know. Besides if he's a Christian, wouldn't he be against having an abortion?

• Your body, your decision. Why break up?

• This is why you shouldn't get involved with arabs.

• The Arab parents will either kill you for having a baby. Or they will kill their son for being stupid. So your choice, im serious.

• Are you an arab? Haha jk

• i am a Christian Arab and thinking like this about us is insulting. we dont do what you said, not all Arabs are ISIS you know.

What Girls Said 15

• No, you have to be honest.
    If you hide thus secret you will negatively impact your child's life.
    Sometimes what feels right isn't.
    You have to be honest about what you're going through.

• I don't know where you live, but I hope he does not have a say in what you do with your body. Keep the baby if you are ready to raise a child, or consider adoption of you can. You do not have to abort a child. Use your rights as much as possible to protect your child.

• You may also have rights to child support from him even if he didn't want a child. By choosing sex, he accepted the risk of fatherhood, no matter how small. You are both facing an unplanned pregnancy now.

• I think you should tell him regardless. If he wants to break up with you because you want to keep the baby, then he's free to do so, but he deserves to know.

• Tell him you're pregnant and keeping it. Then give him the choice to man up or give up.

• You should really tell him and he'll either stay or he won't and that will be his decision. He deserves the chance to make a decision in the matter.

• I can't believe this is even a question. You clearly don't want to terminate your child. So why would you even consider it because it'll make his life hard? He knows how the birds and the bees work. You and your child com before any man. Tell him to grow a pair and nut up buttercup.

• Either way, you should tell him. And make sure that he knows that you plan to bring the baby to term and that it's your decision not his.. If he is still unsupportive then break up.

• Tell him. If he wants it, keep it. If he doesn't, don't make him father it. You can have it, but don't make him.

• i know what ur going thorugh my bestie pregnant wit a baby and she didn't know what to do thhe best thing is the get in up for adotion but and open one u find a good home and have a open one the that family u get pictures as ur baby grow up and u get to still be in ur baby life ur child will know u his/her mother but them would also know the people he/she live wit is they dad and mom meaning u his birth mom and they are they raise mom and dad the people who will rasie him/her

• do u want keep the baby?

• Yes of course, it's a blessing

• than its clear means you leave the boyfriend... lol ofc

• Tell him first and see how he reacts?

• Yeah but I'm afraid to hear that he would disagree, and I'll be just disappointed and depressed lol anyway thanks :)

• Well it would be in your best interest to tell him before breaking up unless you think he may force you to abort the baby in which case just break up.

• That's a tough spot to be in and am sorry for your difficult situation. You should certainly keep your baby if that's what YOU want. Its your body and it's a LIFE that should be celebrated. Have you talked to your boyfriend at great lengths about what he wants to do about your relationship?

• if you want to destroy his life and make his family hate him, go ahead

• That's why I don't want to tell him and maybe just break up with him..

• I know, we made a mistake but I believe i can carry it as much as I can, bc I need to haha thanks :)

• tell him and decide later

• You don't need to break up. They might force you two to get married.

• Please don't make the same mistakes i did. I felt guilty and didn't tell him. 4mo later i ended up losing the baba. He still doesn't know. This guy needs to know, it's his responsibility. Takes two to tango xxx