My girlfriend broke up with me?

Girlfriend recently broke up with me. She sent me a really long text, i told her that i thought it was low of her to send me a text and she agreed and said she was sorry. She said she knows she was wrong, and called me afterwards for closure. I barely gave her anything to work with, i basically said i dont want things to be awkward and i want us to be friends. Is this ok? Are girls too emotional to handle what i said about her being low? She really got sad about that and i felt bad. Should i have said anything else

22

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it was low and immature for her to end the relationship via text. If you expressed that and she feels bad, well, she should. Given her age though keep in mind she probably did that way because she was too embarrassed and didn't want to face you. She didn't want to see the hurt she could cause. I don't think you should feel bad because you let her know how it feels and hopefully she'll not be so callous to do that in the future to another guy.

Most Helpful Guy

• No, I think you were right for pointing that out. Relationships should not be ended over the phone like that. The same thing happened to me once, and it felt even more hurtful just because it was done that way (we ended up getting back together though). It felt impersonal. She not only lacked the courage to tell me in person, but she lacked the respect as well. Your now ex-girlfriend disrespected you by ending your relationship over the phone like that. I would have said the same thing if I was in your shoes (and I once was).

What Girls Said 1

• You're fine. Just don't say anything else.

What Guys Said 1

• Be straight up with her she deserves your honesty.